Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I assume the spending cap won't really affect most of us till season two? Some teams have a lot more than others...might have to take this into account when making my choices, anyway off to sleep on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I think the Brown and Dolphins would be the absolute craic to play with!

Colts ? Kinda tempting to have Luck. Maybe they'll be gone before we get to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Witty Goose

Iv not gotten a chance to play connected careers properly lads how quick do young players improve

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Still undecided..

Really struggling with who to pick, looking at some ages on teams I might pick and some boys are very old, think I'm just gonna draw four or five out of a hat an go with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

When in doubt, go with the better QB

That was my thinking anyway, if it was a toss up between two teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Can't agree more with rob it's a passing game you want a solid quarterback. Hence why I think the cardinals will fall a long way ..

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Can't agree more with rob it's a passing game you want a solid quarterback. Hence why I think the cardinals will fall a long way ..

Skeltons stats don't look too bad, also a few decent options to throw to
    There's 2 teams I'm hoping fall to me...probably not great odds of it happening though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

madalig12 wrote: »
    Really struggling with who to pick, looking at some ages on teams I might pick and some boys are very old, think I'm just gonna draw four or five out of a hat an go with them.

I definitely wouldn't pick one by drawing them out of a hat mate because even if you get the best possible rated team by doing it and things don't work out you'll be pissed off due to choosing them by picking them randomly.

Have a read of this, scroll down to near the bottom and it gives you a detailed description of each team - strengths, weaknesses, needs etc:

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/M13ConnectedCareersManual.pdf

Do a bit of research and pick a team who's schemes fit your style of play etc. Try them out in a couple of friendlies and if you don't like what you see move on to a different team and do the same.

At least that way if you pick a team and things don't work out you know you've given yourself the best chance you could by picking a team suited to your play and won't be too pissed off. That's the way I'd be anyway :)

Going with the better QB when you're completely stuck on who to pick is sound advice, especially this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Picks are flying in.

Thanks lads. New season is getting close :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Are we nearly finished round 2?

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/M13ConnectedCareersManual.pdf

Oh saw this too late, oh well, I tried out a few teams and made a decision, there was a batch of decent teams all around the one level so I picked one after having a good game with them. Will be very interesting to see who everyone gets.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Are we nearly finished round 2?

Only one to go. Have until 12 midnight anyways. Once I receive the last picks I'll PM everything else on to Raoul so I have no unfair advantage. Kind of excited picking blind. Group of death!! :D

I just know I'm going to open the PM and see that none of the 3 teams I have earmarked have fallen to me and then I'm back to square one :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    I just know I'm going to open the PM and see that none of the 3 teams I have earmarked have fallen to me and then I'm back to square one :pac:

I wouldn't worry the browns might still be in there for you!

Day two drafting is now done :)

Have PM'd Raoul the available teams so whenever he gets a chance the next six players will be PM'd.

Thanks lads!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So we're a day ahead of schedule then kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Day two drafting is now done :)

Have PM'd Raoul the available teams so whenever he gets a chance the next six players will be PM'd.

Thanks lads!

Pms are sent out for Day 3 of the Boards Draft :).

I think there will be a couple of surprises when the teams are released ;)

Got the PM, thanks Raoul. It's much tougher to choose than I thought it would be, because there's actually far more teams that I like the look of remaining than I anticipated. The extra few hours will come in handy I reckon. Time to get to work researching :)

Methinks I made a mistake with my pick, gonna hit the trade market right away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Witty Goose

madalig12 wrote: »
    Methinks I made a mistake with my pick, gonna hit the trade market right away!
    That makes 2 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

3 guys to go tomorrow! Good stuff

How do trades work ? Can we sign free agents at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

My soul has been sold.

matthew8 wrote: »
    My soul has been sold.
    Did you sell it for angerer again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

brianon wrote: »
    How do trades work ? Can we sign free agents at all ?

M11 + M12 was crazy for trading as there was no cap.

You can trade whoever you want but you need to keep an eye on your cap now.

Yes for FA with Santry and Raoul may need to come up with rules around it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Some serious issues with gameplay are emerging. In Franchise mode injury bugs, acelerated clock not working ( very serious ) and so on. New nanos which need to be legislated for.

Definitely would not be advocating starting until some clarity on these issues.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Some serious issues with gameplay are emerging. In Franchise mode injury bugs, acelerated clock not working ( very serious ) and so on. New nanos which need to be legislated for.

I'd imagine they'll all be patched in the first update Berty. Well I hope so anyways!

New nanos which need to be legislated for

I've only recently come accross nano blitzes. Are they allowed ? I would have thought not but then I know very little :)

Also, I've played players online where they constantly shift their lines back and forth. Is that allowed ?

• Advertisement

Played a game against Adrian last night berty and the game clock was working fine (Adrian can you confirm?)

Advertisement