Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I hope they are Ben ! The accelerated clock issue would make it nearly impossible for the Commissioner. Injuries not serious.

Brianon I'm Ben will make a profound statement on nano blitzes.

There was a "shake blitz" in M12 where you shifted your LB's around but the ability to do that in M13 was removed. Not seen anyone move their DL.

The game clock is fine in normal BUT in CC franchise mode the accelerated clock does NOT work. Tested by some of the guys on MaddenPFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus,

Some of the bugs reported are crazy. The one where whoever disconnects loses the game regardless of score is crazy. I still don't understand why they don't have the option to cancel a result like in NCAA.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus,

Some of the bugs reported are crazy. The one where whoever disconnects loses the game regardless of score is crazy. I still don't understand why they don't have the option to cancel a result like in NCAA.
    Yep I forgot about that one. That is really serious. Good for us UPC guys but a nightmare for anyone whose Internet is in any way dodgy.

The bugs are so serious they have the potential to ruin any league. Very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty44 wrote: »
    The game clock is fine in normal BUT in CC franchise mode the accelerated clock does NOT work. Tested by some of the guys on MaddenPFL.

This sounds disastrous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus,

Woah that is rough, my Vodafone broadband has been acting up the last few days so this is a concern. And everything was going so well.

On the accelerated clock issue, couldn't we just shorten the quarters to compensate?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

I've only played 1 game (offline) so not a huge sample size for bugs but the CBs playing the run when it's an obvious passing down is soul destroying... The only option is to back off coverage or run a zone which gives easy completions underneath... Man coverage has essentially been removed unless they fix it!!!

shorten quarters dies not really solve it Would need to rewrite rules but could be problematic. Open to abuse if someone gets ahead and just runs down clock to zero. Potential to cause a lot of bad feeling. And don't be naive to think it would not. I played Madden in an online line league when the acc clock was not in the game. It was a nightmare with loads of rows over running down the clock.

ibmax wrote: »
    I've only played 1 game (offline) so not a huge sample size for bugs but the CBs playing the run when it's an obvious passing down is soul destroying... The only option is to back off coverage or run a zone which gives easy completions underneath... Man coverage has essentially been removed unless they fix it!!!

You can use the left trigger to instruct your defense to play the pass, that'll stop the corners running forward.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

You can use the left trigger to instruct your defense to play the pass, that'll stop the corners running forward.

More bloody buttons!!!

Gone are the days of A to snap, A to Pass and the stick to run about.

At what point do you press LT?? Do you hold it as the ball's snapped?

• Advertisement

ibmax wrote: »
    Pudsy33 wrote: »

More bloody buttons!!!

Gone are the days of A to snap, A to Pass and the stick to run about.

At what point do you press LT?? Do you hold it as the ball's snapped?
    No, before the snap hold LT afaik. It will show you a mini menus of options, like run, run right, pass, spread etc. you can select these and the defense will focus on stopping the specified play.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Just re: Free Agents...would it be fair to do this in a waiver wire way, so that the teams at the bottom get the first chance of signing FAs?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Colts wrote: »
    Just re: Free Agents...would it be fair to do this in a waiver wire way, so that the teams at the bottom get the first chance of signing FAs?

I think so..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

brianon wrote: »
    I've only recently come accross nano blitzes. Are they allowed ? I would have thought not but then I know very little :)

Also, I've played players online where they constantly shift their lines back and forth. Is that allowed ?

Nano blitzes (we call them ibmaxing ;)) are not allowed. You can move your line by shifting them by using in game controls, but you cannot line your 2 DEs next to each other by moving one out of position. You can move your linebackers in a similar way by showing blitz or backing off coverage. They are dpad controls. They are little things you will pick up.

If you opponent in the league does something you don't know, ask him how. Most guys here don't mind telling you what and how they did it.

The rest of the rules are here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056569083

The main one is if you dont see it in the NFL you shouldn't see it here.

I think so..

A lot of work though isn't it keeping track of who is where on the waiver wire.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul wrote: »

Just the reverse order of the draft. Nominate a time to start free agency, say 8pm on whatever night, everyone allowed make 1 pick (15mins per pick), once it gets to each team go in reverse, and then after everyone has had the chance at 2 FA's open it as a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

I think so..

Possibly, although maybe just run it for the first few days, one / two requests per day until week one or two of preseason is over?

There should be some decent FAs so it gives the people with gaping holes in the roster a chance to fill it up with some decent talent.

Just a suggestion though, it could be some hassle!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You sound work shy :pac:

No agree there is a bit of work in it for you and santry

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just the reverse order of the draft. Nominate a time to start free agency, say 8pm on whatever night, everyone allowed make 1 pick (15mins per pick), once it gets to each team go in reverse, and then after everyone has had the chance at 2 FA's open it as a free for all.

But how is that going to work exactly in CC (connected careers) as you are offering contracts. If you offer a contract and a player likes, does he accept immediately? Or does he wait and see what other offers he gets and then decides when the week is advanced?
    The latter would be more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

But how is that going to work exactly in CC (connected careers) as you are offering contracts. If you offer a contract and a player likes, does he accept immediately? Or does he wait and see what other offers he gets and then decides when the week is advanced?
    The latter would be more realistic.

In first season, all FA's just accept one-year contracts for a set amount. No negotiating as it is after the 'free agent' period

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Colts wrote: »

More than likely the route we'll have to go down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

How is the draft goin?
    Has any1 from wednesday submitted there picks yet?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    How is the draft goin?
    Has any1 from wednesday submitted there picks yet?

Still waiting on 2 more people. Won't name them, don't want anyone putting pressure on them but you know who you are :mad:.

:pac:

EDIT - Just counted there, 16 people have now drafted. The league is shaping up nicely, I can already see some great rivalries forming for the upcoming season. The reveal should be fun!

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Nano blitzes (we call them ibmaxing ;)) are not allowed.

Are we still on this!!!! it's not IBMaxing... it's "you've been IBMaxed" :)

EDIT - Just counted there, 16 people have now drafted. The league is shaping up nicely, I can already see some great rivalries forming for the upcoming season. The reveal should be fun!

Honestly.. the banter when the reveal happens will be so worthwhile. I think this had been a great approach. People have to think about their teams for cap space, contract costs/length, age of players and then you have the elephant in the room of who do you get to play!

Honestly.. the banter when the reveal happens will be so worthwhile. I think this had been a great approach. People have to think about their teams for cap space, contract costs/length, age of players and then you have the elephant in the room of who do you get to play!
    The reveal is killing me to be honest. Really want to say who has picked who so far. :D

The reveal is killing me to be honest. Really want to say who has picked who so far. :D

Well as mod i should probably get to approve the reveal post.. sure send who's picked who to me and i'll take it from there :pac::pac:

I think Santry said there were some shock picks, which is good. I had a late curve ball tbh myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My picks are in!

Don't think I'll get my first choice but would be very happy with either my second, third or fourth choice. It's a lot better this year as you really have to take into account that teams style of play and schemes etc. If they don't suit the way you play then it will be a difficult season as you can't just change it by using a different playbook like in previous Madden's without taking a hit to your players ratings.

There's definitely going to be some shock picks as I was very surprised with some of the teams left on day 3.

Roll on the reveal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

There's definitely going to be some shock picks as I was very surprised with some of the teams left on day 3.

If everyone in the second group struggled to make a pick like I did then I'm not surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

God mine was very difficult :pac:

Advertisement