Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Will you not just post up the divisions once all the picks are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

We want to keep you at the end of the leash for another bit and we think during the NFL and during Monday morning work is the best time for discussion.

We were going to release them earlier but there is not real reason to now since we are waiting for the roster update and possibly the first patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

if you post up what time you are going to release them at most people are going to be on here anyway to see what team they got. pretty sure there will be plenty of discussion no matter what time you release them at.

if you post up what time you are going to release them at most people are going to be on here anyway to see what team they got. pretty sure there will be plenty of discussion no matter what time you release them at.

See our plan is working, everyone is gagging for them!

Don't think tonight suits either me or Ben. I presume he will be doing the same as me, Ireland match and then Airtricity league. And I am not sure about tomorrow, so most likely it will be Sunday. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are all the picks in? If so, I don't understand the reasoning for holding off to be honest.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Are all the picks in? If so, I don't understand the reasoning for holding off to be honest.

They aren't in yet. If they were in today, we would definitely release them today but still waiting on 4 people and I don't think it suits tomorrow plus tomorrow is usually the quietest day on here.

Fair enough if the picks aren't in and there is no one around to post the divisions tomorrow, but I don't think holding off "to keep you at the end of the leash" is a good idea.

Fair enough if the picks aren't in and there is no one around to post the divisions tomorrow, but I don't think holding off "to keep you at the end of the leash" is a good idea.

That was only a joke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just sent my picks in there to hurry things along!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's only 3 teams now, it's not gonna take people long..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

I'll be intrigued to see who I get. There was a few teams left that I thought would have been gone.

Looking forward to seeing the order teams were picked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

My picks are in. Who have I got? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PacFish wrote: »

You got the Phoenix Saddlebags :p

madalig12 wrote: »
    You got the Phoenix Saddlebags :p

I wanted the Amsterdam Admirals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

PacFish wrote: »
    London Monarchs :pac:

Berty44 wrote: »
    London Monarchs :pac:

You actually going to have to play as a team other than the Jets in this Bert? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Pick in. Only sent in 7 teams though but bein 3rd in last group it won't matter that I forgot one will it.

I also think you should release today. Or at least last two rounds f ye wana drip feed it will give people a chance to get used to teams they never ordinarily would have played with in online games.

So that's only one or two people left now?

It was a tough decision, I was trying to think of schemes, schedules, divisions etc, even the weather came into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Colts wrote: »
    So that's only one or two people left now?

It was a tough decision, I was trying to think of schemes, schedules, divisions etc, even the weather came into it!

Schedules you say.....SCHEMES you say.......WEATHER YOU SAY!!!! Oh Crumbs!
    :eek:

Yeah, I picked a 4-3 team even though I much prefer 3-4, may have been a bit of a mistake.

• Advertisement

Where I'm picking the teams are all awful so scheme means nothing!

madalig12 wrote: »
    Schedules you say.....SCHEMES you say.......WEATHER YOU SAY!!!! Oh Crumbs!
    :eek:

In fairness it's been a slow morning in work ;)

Where we're picking though I think getting to .500 will be an achievement, maybe in season 2 we can be competitive!

Wonder how difficult it would be to change to a 3-4 after one season...few personnel changes, clever draft...possible...

Wonder how difficult it would be to change to a 3-4 after one season...few personnel changes, clever draft...possible...

Wouldn't be worth it. Franchise will probably only run for 3 seasons. Can't use one up remoulding a D when the offences are awful for the last few teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Depending on the team, it could possibly be done. If some of your players were suitable for another scheme. But only if you had to make 2, max 3 changes in the front 7. Anything more than that and it would be massive job.
    I managed to change from 3-4 to a 4-3 in Madden 12 through trading easily enough. Considering trading will be down with the cap, and you'd have to do it through the draft and FA could be tricky. Would be interesting to see if you can manage it Adrian.

Oh and release teams today!

Yeah, haven't had a good look at the roster, but finding OLB's could be an issue. Current DE's won't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep if you have a 4-3 team you really have to need to play some kind of 4-3 defence otherwise you have 7 players unsuitable for a 3-4 system. Would take seasons to reconstruct. I know when it came to my pick in the draft I basically had to eliminate all the teams I could not play with or reconcile to playing with a different system.

Pac, I have always had the Jets here but in name only. Was fantasy franchise in previous Maddens.

I've played with both, but for this Madden I think I will prefer the 3-4, a lot more flexible. 49ers front 7 is great in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Popular demand says teams should be released ASAP. The public gets what the public wants :pac:

Seriously though, if everyone has sent in their picks before a reasonable time (there wouldn't be much point in posting the teams at 12am for example as there won't be many online) I'd release them. If not, no hassle, as everyone left has until midnight so it wouldn't be fair to rush them, especially as the Ireland game is on tonight so many won't be around until later to get their picks in.

Even if you released the AFC tonight and the NFC tomorrow night (or vice-versa) if the picks are in that would be good too. I think the vast majority are keen to know who they've got now especially those who have been waiting since Monday as we'll need to start practicing with the teams we get.

Advertisement