Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Keep the suspense up boys ! Drop a full division on us though ! A sneak peak if you will

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Still 2 people to pick, I think we should stop talking about releasing teams though as we had problems last season with people feeling under pressure.

We will release the teams as soon as we can and when we think there will be a reasonable amount of people online.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    Still 2 people to pick, I think we should stop talking about releasing teams though as we had problems last season with people feeling under pressure.

We will release the teams as soon as we can and when we think there will be a reasonable amount of people online.

First point is fine and lads there are only 2 teams to pick so it's not gonna take long!

Secondly... once the teams are ready they should just be released, you're never going to have loads of people online unless you say you arent releasing until X time. Once the teams are released people will see and start posting

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Maybe everyone could do a short summary of why they picked the team they did too? Strengths, weakness, needs, etc.

Indeed its your call . you guys are the commissioners. But to think you won't get pressure on this....

Cmon Man !!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

We don't just want to release all in one go as that gets rid of a hell of that lot of fun. Lets say we get all the picks in by 4, release them straight away, there would be barely any discussion as the Ireland game is on followed by it being a Friday night. We want to build tension, have the forum hopping and have people worried if they'll end up with the big guns :D

It's all part of the fun. I know you want it straight away but it'd kill the reason for it if we release in one batch :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Santry tell me now!!!
    I've to go to the inlaws for the weekend in Mayo, there's no coverage down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Witty Goose

Couldn't agree more santry but my division 1st ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

We don't just want to release all in one go as that gets rid of a hell of that lot of fun. Lets say we get all the picks in by 4, release them straight away, there would be barely any discussion as the Ireland game is on followed by it being a Friday night. We want to build tension, have the forum hopping and have people worried if they'll end up with the big guns :D

It's all part of the fun. I know you want it straight away but it'd kill the reason for it if we release in one batch :)

Can see the reasoning alright, if everything gets released at once then the discussion will probably get over by the bigger talking points.

If it's drip fed, then we will all over-analyse each bit as it comes out. Should be fun!

Indeed its your call . you guys are the commissioners. But to think you won't get pressure on this....

Cmon Man !!! :pac:

I was saying more about the people picking, not about me and Ben. As far as I am consider "pressure is for tyres". :rolleyes:

I agree with Ben, I don't want to release them tonight. Due to the heightened demand, it looks like we will be releasing over the course of tomorrow and Sunday. So who do you want first AFC or NFC? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Paully D wrote: »
    Maybe everyone could do a short summary of why they picked the team they did too? Strengths, weakness, needs, etc.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So is it going to be one division per hour or something like that?

Or are you going to release teams in the order that they were picked?

Ok.. Santry/Raoul.. I'm going to give a run down of my team choices.....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Would releasing them sooner not be better in terms of people getting to play with their teams over the weekend to familiarise?

I know personally next week will be very tight for me in the evenings so the sooner I could know the better for me!

That's just me though!

Will be announced by division.

We haven't gotten all the picks yet so we will release AFC/NFC on Saturday/Sunday.

One an hour will be released :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Commissioners, do you want access to the Connected Careers twitter account?

we will all over-analyse each bit as it comes out. Should be fun!

We or you rob? :pac:

We or you rob? :pac:

haha, I only over-analyse things that can be put in an Excel spreadsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I don't get not releasing them because an Ireland match is on and nobody will be around to discuss it, if there is something to discuss, it will be discussed eventually, that's the beauty of an online forum, if you post it on Friday and I don't see it until Sunday morning, then it's still news to me. No matter what time you release them people are going to miss out, be unavailable/offline for a while.

In fact, if we got all 32 members online at the same time trying to post about the draft then it would become quite difficult to track, a bit like match threads in the soccer forum.

I personally think the teams should be released as soon as they are finalised, let people discuss them whenever they can, the benefit of this is giving people more time to familiarise themselves with their team. Obviously it's not that big of a deal and I won't be upset whatever the comish(s) decide to do, would just like to know as soon as possible obviously and I don't think a draft discussion would be hindered by that.

What exactly do you mean? :confused: Maybe I am being slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What exactly do you mean? :confused: Maybe I am being slow.

Look at the forum page, he created a twitter account we can link to our league.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I don't get not releasing them because an Ireland match is on and nobody will be around to discuss it, if there is something to discuss, it will be discussed eventually, that's the beauty of an online forum, if you post it on Friday and I don't see it until Sunday morning, then it's still news to me. No matter what time you release them people are going to miss out, be unavailable/offline for a while.

In fact, if we got all 32 members online at the same time trying to post about the draft then it would become quite difficult to track, a bit like match threads in the soccer forum.

I personally think the teams should be released as soon as they are finalised, let people discuss them whenever they can, the benefit of this is giving people more time to familiarise themselves with their team. Obviously it's not that big of a deal and I won't be upset whatever the comish(s) decide to do, would just like to know as soon as possible obviously and I don't think a draft discussion would be hindered by that.

Draft discussion would be completely killed if they were released immediately. As Rob has said, the main points would only be discussed and it'd result in only half of the posts that could happen. It's a bit of fun too lads and it has this draft thread buzzing all day since that. We'll be giving times for the divisions being released which will have people online discussing before and after. If we release all the divisions at once, if there was one division that looks like the group of death, all discussion would go towards that.

Yes please mate.

Could you PM me it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

SantryRed wrote: »

Yes please mate.

Could you PM me it? :)

You could release the teams on the twitter too, might be fun to follow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I agree there's no need to release all the divisions at once for the reasons mentioned and if yer planning to wait for a patch.
    Anyway can't do much yet till yet get all the teams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Witty Goose

Make it's one or 2 days and you'll have preseason to practise with ur team anyway

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You could release the teams on the twitter too, might be fun to follow.

Will do!

Excellent idea to release on twitter

Any idea what time?
    I'll need to drive into the local town to get mobile coverage :eek:

• Advertisement

Any idea what time?
    I'll need to drive into the local town to get mobile coverage :eek:
    That's commitment Heli, good man!

Advertisement