Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

That's commitment Heli, good man!

Yeah the image of you driving into town just to get coverage is just :D

Edit - one of us will let you know later on tonight what time. Still waiting on one pick! So looks like no releases for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Only to find out his division will be the last one on sunday:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That's commitment Heli, good man!
    Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah the image of you driving into town just to get coverage is just :D

sadly it's true, it's 2.5 miles into the town and even there it's just GPRS so not quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Adam, I am sitting on the feed here waiting.

:pac::Heli

Glad I am not a Commish and getting all this grief :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Berty, is it true you are going to try a trade for Tebow if you miss out on the Jets?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty... with the PFL stuff.. i'd say lads are happy that they run the irish one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

madalig12 wrote: »
    Berty, is it true you are going to try a trade for Tebow if you miss out on the Jets?

Tebow is absolutely brilliant in this years game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

madalig12 wrote: »
    How do you know I did not get them ? Ok who has been telling tales about the draft. I am shocked and stunned at this reveal. Commissioner, I demand an investigation or a full reveal on Twitter immediately !

I actually have Timmy in another Franchise with the Jets. He is actually ok and I have been toying with playing him over Sanchez. The only problem is that with Connected Careers I will only be able to pour my XP into developing one QB so I might trade him or Sanchez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll give you my backup punter and 2029 seventh round pick for sanchez.

Lads... I picked the Titans/Chargers for my top 2.

Chargers were a curve ball, I'd a couple of quick games and the Rivers/Gates axis really impressed me.

However I am a Titans (and Hawks) fan so I plumped for them for a few reasons.

1 - C2J he can be deadly and the the Titans o-line looks very good this year (barring Centre)
    2- The cap space is there to improve Centre and give C2J a blocking FB
    3- Kenny Britt is a fantastic receiver and I am really going to try and use my WRs a lot more in this game.
    4 Jared Cook Jr I play a lot with him, I did trade him away to Santry last year but I'll be keeping him and perhaps trying to get him a tandem TE
    5 QB Pretty happy with both players still toying with who to start with. Locker is the betetr option long term so it may be worth the short term pain to get him advanced quicker.
    6 Defense is good but could use some assistance at DE and OLB, CBs will stay the same as I'd like them to progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Any idea what time?
    I'll need to drive into the local town to get mobile coverage :eek:

EXT. COUNTRY ROAD. MAYO. PRESENT.DAY.

Helimachopter is seen driving erratically with his head and right hand hanging out of the window. A Garda car pulls out of a side lane.

GARDA 1: There's another one Mick, on the mobile phone, not a care in the world.
    GARDA 2 puts on the blues. Both cars pull in the side of road

INT HELI's CAR. COUNTRY ROAD. MAYO. PRESENT.DAY.

GARDA 1: Stay in the vehicle please sir.
    HELIMACHOPTER: No, you don't understand, the Madde....
    GARDA 1: SIR! REMAIN SEATED IN THE VEHICLE!
    HELIMACHOPTER: I just need to see the draft.
    GARDA 2: Taser!TASER!TASER!
    HELIMACHOPTER: Aghhhhh...eekeek...owwwww!!!!
    GARDA 1: Stop resisting arrest!
    HELIMACHOPTER: My division....Titans.....
    GARDA 2: *Back up required at last transmitted location.*
    FADE TO BLACK. END SCENE

Where I'm going there's only a part time gardai Monday Wednesday and Fridays from 9-1 or so.. Think im safe!

Release the houn... I mean teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Release the full divisions? Should have all but a couple depending on where last person to draft is?

Only need 31 people to draft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Lads, heli, please no revealing who u picked. As this could affect the persons decision! Not likely but it could.

Lads, heli, please no revealing who u picked. As this could affect the persons decision! Not likely but it could.

Blame santry, he thanked my post where I said I was gonna do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Can we get a link to the twitter account?

I don't see it on the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

What!!! Heli is the Titans??? That IS surprising!!! What's next... Dave is the Jets??? I''ll really have seen it all then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I know exactly who I got, but this is going on for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

ibmax wrote: »
    What!!! Heli is the Titans??? That IS surprising!!! What's next... Dave is the Jets??? I''ll really have seen it all then!!!

sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ibmax wrote: »

Heli actually isn't the Titans as it was picked before him!!

There's your scoop for the day ;)

SantryRed wrote: »
    Heli actually isn't the Titans as it was picked before him!!

There's your scoop for the day ;)

Now honestly that will be a surprise! In all honestly lads I've no idea who I got, I'm assuming I got the titans due to my pick and the fact that they aren't that good with a lot better teams available to pick.

Santry Raoul I'm running out or coverage.. Put us out of our misery!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Here's Heli trying to get coverage:

7132584095_6991440e1f_z.jpg

Paully that's not far off reality. In good weather I'll have coverage in the house but only at the end of the house facing the town. In bad weather with rain fade there's nothing it's bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Witty Goose

Also how do people feel about no trades finalised till Monday to make it fair

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Can we get a link to the twitter account?

I don't see it on the thread

Www.twitter.com/boardsmadden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

SendMoreCorpses=brianon on twitter. Accept the follow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

im scott Keegan on twitter just followed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Emerald warrior I think. Never use it but just followed you there anyways

Advertisement