Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bing - Not showing Irish site in Ireland Only listings...

Options
  • 31-08-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

If I search for my keyword on Bing I am the first result but if I switch to Narrow by Region>Only in Ireland, I don't show up at all!! :confused:

On Google I am first for both global and Pages from Ireland.

The server is in Ireland and the domain is .ie

Anyone come across this and know how to fix??

(yea I know only about 3% use bing but every little helps)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'd need to talk to Bing ..

From my own experience their "local" search is pretty awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Are you sure the server IP is Irish? Bing always seem to have a few problems with localised search. There's a Bing forum on Webmasterworld ( http://www.webmasterworld.com/msn_microsoft_search/ ) that might be worth trying.

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 brianbaru

Another possibility is that the links pointing towards your site are not Irish. Links from sites based in Ireland will raise your rankings in Ireland more than those based outside Ireland, where as links from outside Ireland will raise them in Bing.com but have very little impact on Irish bing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

jmcc wrote: »
    Are you sure the server IP is Irish? Bing always seem to have a few problems with localised search.
    Yep, IP is certainly Irish.

From what I'm reading online Bing's local search is more or less useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Scotty # wrote: »
    Yep, IP is certainly Irish.
    Is it on a full /24 designated as Irish (IE) or a subnetted IP designated as being IE. Microsoft used to have problems with subnetted IPs and tended to give the /24's (256 addresses or a Class C) country code the priority. The .ie should really clarify things for Bing though.
    From what I'm reading online Bing's local search is more or less useless.
    Yep. The web outside of the USA tends to be more complex and I don't know if Bing has the right people to do local search properly.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement