Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Working Holiday 2013

Options
  • 31-08-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi does anyone know when the Canadian working holiday visa's are coming back out for 2013? I have heard a few people saying this December but I just want to clarify this with a few others? Thanks in advance guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was around late november last year so probably the same this year, I was meant to go this year but had to postpone it for money reasons, will be keeping an eye out this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have my eyes peeled too. Am so going this year. (assuming they'l have me! :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pipwhitehall93

Are you going with USIT or Go for less? Are you doing it by yourself? Don't know which way to do it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CJ_

Are you going with USIT or Go for less? Are you doing it by yourself? Don't know which way to do it!?

Do it by yourself! They charge ridiculous money for nothing really - a consultation and a night in a hostel I think, but you still have to fill out the forms yourself.

You'd be mad to do it any other way really.

CJ_ wrote: »
    Do it by yourself! They charge ridiculous money for nothing really - a consultation and a night in a hostel I think, but you still have to fill out the forms yourself.

You'd be mad to do it any other way really.

So should I just apply to IEC when it opens? Thanks for your help!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Thank you :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea I am doing it myself. I was shocked when I was researching it and I saw how much more you pay out to go with USIT or one of them rather than applying directly through the IEC peeps themselves. And what you get for that bunch of extra money is a joke. A night in a hostel (you could organise that yourself with no hassle), access to a jobs database (there are tons of jobs databases on the internet). Then with USIT you HAVE to book your flights through them (which you can bet would cost a heck of a lot more than if you were able to shop around and book your own flights) and as far as I know you HAVE to have a return flight booked before you leave if you are going with USIT (where as if you do it yourself you have to be able to prove you can pish off home at the end of it - eg have extra money in your bank ac than the amount they expect you to have, and that extra be roughly the cost of a single flight home -rather than HAVE to already have the flight home booked. Much better in my opinion, spech if your applying for the 2nd year cos then you just enter the US and re-enter Canada on your 2nd year. Flying home to fly back would cost far too much!)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i am dying to get my application sent i wish it would open already lol it says that itll be Fall 2012 which is aug,sep,oct if im correct in thinking that fall means autumn!!so hopefully because of the backlog they had and all the problems they had that they could open it earlier!!

I know I'm so anxious for it to just open!!

This might be a really stupid question but when I'm going to Canada can I just buy a one way ticket and then buy a ticket home to Ireland when I want to come home? Or do you have to have a return flight when you're going?

• Advertisement

Nope you can have a one way ticket as long as you can prove you have the means to buy a ticket onwards from Canada at the end of your visa

Nope you can have a one way ticket as long as you can prove you have the means to buy a ticket onwards from Canada at the end of your visa

So like a bank statement or something? ...sorry for all the questions, I'm a working holiday virgin!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGooeyBum

So like a bank statement or something? ...sorry for all the questions, I'm a working holiday virgin!

Yeah it states you have to have a bank statement with you in the week before you go showing the set money funds in your account. $2,500 which works out at about €2,000 give or take. So you would need the price of a single flight home to put on top of that money to show you could buy a flight if you needed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mercy03

Hi guys,

can you explain me how it works? Is there at the moment IEC applications that I can fill and once it opens permits for 2013I can send it off straight away or I have to wait for new applications for 2013 and I cannot fill it now?

You have to wait til the program opens there is no form to fill in ahead of time

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hungryharry

Can you get your 1 year working holiday visa extended without employer sponsoring it for you?

You cant get get a 1 year WHV extended you need to apply for a new one the same way as you applied for the first one

Advertisement