Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue screen problem

Options
  • 31-08-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am getting this error =

Stop: 0x00000007e (0xc0000005, 0xa385d41b, 0xa49bf670, 0xa49bf36c)

wdf01000.sys - address A385d41B base at A3806000 Datestamp 47919015

The PC keeps resetting be itself without warning it sometimes happens 3 times a day others not at all.

I newer problem is once I turn the PC on it would make the loading noise and then stop and not load windows at all. The monitor will go into standby like it is not receiving any signal and I have to pull the plug and reset it. Today I had to do this twice.

I have a 32 bit Vista machine.

If it is any help I get a amd driver not installed message once my profile is loaded up. It has been there a while before I started getting these problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Lucreto wrote: »
    Hi,

I am getting this error =

Stop: 0x00000007e (0xc0000005, 0xa385d41b, 0xa49bf670, 0xa49bf36c)

wdf01000.sys - address A385d41B base at A3806000 Datestamp 47919015

The PC keeps resetting be itself without warning it sometimes happens 3 times a day others not at all.

I newer problem is once I turn the PC on it would make the loading noise and then stop and not load windows at all. The monitor will go into standby like it is not receiving any signal and I have to pull the plug and reset it. Today I had to do this twice.

I have a 32 bit Vista machine.

If it is any help I get a amd driver not installed message once my profile is loaded up. It has been there a while before I started getting these problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

It could be related to not having the proper video card drivers installed (the previous driver to the video card may be showing in this case). I would try downloading the latest video card drivers for your card from here and see if it helps

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

yoyo wrote: »
    It could be related to not having the proper video card drivers installed (the previous driver to the video card may be showing in this case). I would try downloading the latest video card drivers for your card from here and see if it helps

Nick

I installed the new drivers and it got rid of the No drivers installed message but the PC is still acting up.

When I turn on my PC is usually makes a noise 2 beep a pause and 2 more beeps. I just turned the pc on for the first time today and no beeps. It sat with the fans on but no loading of windows. I left it for 10 minutes to see if something would happen and nothing. The pc wasn't even sending a signal to the monitor. I unpluged it and tred again this time it got to the windows symbol and the loading bar and if finished and failed to launch window. I wait another 10 minutes and nothing happened again. I unpluged it again and tried again. This time it beeped and went into safe mode and went into windows as normal.

It seems to do with everytime I start up the PC.

Any ideas on what is happening?

I installed the new drivers and it got rid of the No drivers installed message but the PC is still acting up.

When I turn on my PC is usually makes a noise 2 beep a pause and 2 more beeps. I just turned the pc on for the first time today and no beeps. It sat with the fans on but no loading of windows. I left it for 10 minutes to see if something would happen and nothing. The pc wasn't even sending a signal to the monitor. I unpluged it and tred again this time it got to the windows symbol and the loading bar and if finished and failed to launch window. I wait another 10 minutes and nothing happened again. I unpluged it again and tried again. This time it beeped and went into safe mode and went into windows as normal.

It seems to do with everytime I start up the PC.

Any ideas on what is happening?

I would try re-seating the RAM. Can you boot into safe mode ok? If you can lower the resolution right down and see if it helps.
    Also try booting off with just one ram stick/the other see if it helps

Nick

I will do the RAM test when I have a minute.

I am finding it hard to find the error.
    My PC blue screens every time I boot it up now and each error is different.

0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xa385d41b, 0xa49bf670, 0xa49bf36c)
    0x000000c5 (0x24e12981, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xe30f6010)
    0x0000008e (0xc00000005, 0xe323d7f8, 0xa49bf434, 0x00000000)
    0x000000da (0x000000504, 0xc052f220, 0x00000010, 0x0000000)
    0x000000d1 (0x000001103, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xa93c30fa)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭Quandary

Is it bluescreening even more after re-seating the RAM? Like another poster has said, try booting using only one of the RAM sticks seated. If Bluescreening is still happening try booting from the other RAM stick.

If the problem still persists, try downloading the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard. These can be gotten from your manufacturers website if its a brand like Dell or whatever, otherwise open the case and find the motherboard make/model from the board itself.

After you have tried these, if the problem still persists, try an older version of the video card drivers.

This will take some time to go through so start with this much now anyway!

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Right I resated the RAM and it started up as normal. It hasn't done that in weeks. That lasted 2 days and it went back to the problems.

I tried one as a time and it never started up and now I swapped them around and it is working again. But I doubt it will last long.

I will check the motherboard drivers later.

Right I resated the RAM and it started up as normal. It hasn't done that in weeks. That lasted 2 days and it went back to the problems.

I tried one as a time and it never started up and now I swapped them around and it is working again. But I doubt it will last long.

I will check the motherboard drivers later.

Have you run memtest86+ for a few hours? Did it find any errors?

Nick

Yes I plan on doing it in the morning.

Any trustworthy sites to download it from

Yes I plan on doing it in the morning.

Any trustworthy sites to download it from

The official site: http://www.memtest.org/ :)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    The official site: http://www.memtest.org/ :)

Nick

Thanks for that and all the help.

It will have to wait until I get a blank cd to write it on.

The problem seems to be getting worse. I can't watch Youtube videos for very long before it resets and it takes 4 or 5 goes to actually turn the computer on in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

you still could have faulty ram, you should upgrade with new ram and when you put in the new ram go into the system bois and set it to the default values on exit.

you still could have faulty ram, you should upgrade with new ram and when you put in the new ram go into the system bois and set it to the default values on exit.

He should confirm this first, could be a number of issues although RAM is likely

Nick

I am completely computer illiterate my brother is in charge of computer maintenance and he is in Amsterdam now.

The PC is 4 years old as it is so parts must be starting to go. It was the graphics card last year and it looks like the RAM now.

I might just go and find a repairman as most of the stuff is going over my head.

Hi Thanks for the help.

I just got the PC back. I needed a new motherboard that is in and it is working like a charm... so far.

Advertisement