Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair dye stains on skin after getting hair coloured

• 31-08-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I just am interested to know whether any ladies on here who get their hair coloured get hair dye on their skin that's hard to get off?

The reason I ask is I've just come home from the hairdressers having had my hair done and I have noticed that there is dye all over the back of my neck as well as a big splash of colour at the front (my throat) and also my forehead. Now I know that there is bound to be a bit of colour but isn't this a bit excessive??

My mum was going mad and said I should say it to them the next time but I am very quiet and just generally not very good at bringing these things up but at the same time I am paying 80e everytime I go and I don't want to come away with a load of dye on my face as well as my hair! What if I was going out tonight?! Which I'm not thankfully!

Just want to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I'm just back from the hair dresser myelf after getting a dye and a cut.

I have a barley visible (practically none) bit of colour on my hair line. Your hair dresser if they are any good should have removed all traces of colour from your skin while the dye was taking effect.

In the future just say it to them after they put the colour in. For example-

Hair dresser - Ok so ill just leave you now till the dye takes

You - Oh would you mind just getting rid of the excess please.

Simples

Don't be afraid the hair dresser won't mind. If they do i'd recommed a different salon.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Hi, I colour my own hair and always get it on my neck, ears, forehead, bathroom etc ! i just usually keep a face wipe at hand or baby oil and cotton pad, and just wipe off as it happens, and i'd expect a hair dresser to do the same, as some dyes can stain really bad. In future maybe bring wipes with you or maybe just ask the hairdresser would they mind checking if theres any dye spilled on back or neck ears etc, as you had a problem with staining before. I'm sure they wouldnt mind and if they do change salon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks guys - I thought as much. It's really bad this time- like there is like big patch of dye all along the back of my neck.

I'm definitely saying it next time. I think it's because I'm too quiet that they have become lazy as they know I'll just take it.

It's good to hear the experience of others :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

hey op sorry to hear about that. if u cant get the stains off try this (its really disgusting but it actually works!) get and baby wipe and put some cigarette ash onto it and rub the stain, it should come off. works with tan as well
    hope it comes out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Milk is another great thing to remove dye stains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

bewhiched wrote: »
    Milk is another great thing to remove dye stains

that sounds a lot nicer than my method! will try it next time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Miss Congeniality

Hey Leahyl
    I hate when that happens - but you can get an actual stain remover wipe - I got it at my local chemist for €1 each...

Its a small pink packet and called StainAway towelette - skin stain remover - its by hairXpertise. Although its just the one towelette per pack its big enough. As I use a dark brown dye which gets everywhere I have used them and they are brill....it actual does what it says!!!!

HOWEVER, my sister applies my dye and is not a qualified hairdresser! I totally feel your pain as it happened to me at a local hairdressers when i availed of a good deal - I didnt notice until I got home but I had dye splashes under my eye on my cheek and on my nose, as well as all the back of my neck and also down the back of my top - I would have complained but they closed a few days later!!! Wonder why???:rolleyes:
    So as you actually paid a hairdresser, i think you should double check before you leave the salon and say something - after all you pay enough to get it done - its takes a few seconds for them to check and wipe it off - and they have the appropriate product to do it ... well thats if u go back!

Anyways best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

It's really bad if a professional is doing that, I would have mentioned it to them.

When dying my hair at home I apply Vaseline all around my neck, forehead, behind my ears and anywhere I think the dye will spill. It works a treat and comes off immediately.

While it is a bit drying I've found a good load of washing up liquid to be the best, it cuts through grease/oil so dye comes off easy enough. Lather on the hand moisturizer afterwards.

Advertisement