Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Washes

Options
  • 31-08-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good tended car wash in town?

I used to go to Mega Suds out on Cork Road but I belive they are gone now. Noel's I find poor as car never looks or seems properly washed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The only place I use is CleanCar in New Ross (turn left before the bridge). It's worth the drive down TBH.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I always get my car done in City Square. €15 for a hoover inside and a quick (but decent) wash outside. Looks like new on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

I go to the car wash just behind the maxol garage opposite the peoples park. I think they do a pretty good job and are only 7 euro. Used to go to noels but wasn't happy as the car didnt seem fully cleaned :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    I go to the car wash just behind the maxol garage opposite the peoples park. I think they do a pretty good job and are only 7 euro. Used to go to noels but wasn't happy as the car didnt seem fully cleaned :rolleyes:

Oh great I was wondering if someone had taken over that and it was still open.
    €7 is very good too.
    Do you know what hours they work by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

€5 for the one on the abbey park road. Also get free one with every 5 done. They do them mainly by hand. The power washer only comes out at the end for a rinse and this gives you a better job I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I think tesco Ardkeen has a car wash handy if you want to do you shopping while you wait

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

libra02 wrote: »
    Oh great I was wondering if someone had taken over that and it was still open.
    €7 is very good too.
    Do you know what hours they work by any chance?

They havn't been there after 5pm when I went down before, I'd say they stay open though if its busy. Think they start at 10am aswel:D

Also the 7 euro includes a wax. Its just a light spray form but it still does make the car look that bit nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Sully wrote: »
    I always get my car done in City Square. €15 for a hoover inside and a quick (but decent) wash outside. Looks like new on the outside.
    Faq wrote: »
    I think tesco Ardkeen has a car wash handy if you want to do you shopping while you wait

Do more harm than good,
    Better off driving it across a mucky field!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lynchie2012

Eddie garrys cork road €5 wash.
    Very good has all the proper gear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

There's a guy sometimes does washes at the traffic lights at Bunker's hill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I always find it pretty good. At a fiver, you can't go wrong and it's very handy for me on my way home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lynchie2012

nkay1985 wrote: »

Yeah I always find it pretty good. At a fiver, you can't go wrong and it's very handy for me on my way home from work.

Ye its good i find my car gets a good scrub everytime im in there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not a huge fan of attended car washes as the car is still wet afterwards and you get streaks. I use the automatic one in Texaco on the military road, €7 and you get a hot wash, wax and double-dry (backwards and forwards) and the car comes out gleaming after it.

However, it doesn't do a fantastic job on alloys, can't get in between all the spokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I used the automatic car wash at the petrol station near Cleaboy recently and I couldn't believe how good a wash it was. Certainly far better than the last few washes from Noel's car wash which is where I'd usually go. I'd rather give the money to someone who's earning a wage from it, but the automated wash was just so good! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

I always went to noels but haven't washed it with ages. Funnily enough living in the country and bad weather are not a good combo for a sparkling car :eek: Is Noels gone downhill recently or did people always find it? I was always happy with the job :D

Advertisement