Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you love most about Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

Tom_Cruise wrote: »

Cork city,i think its a great place,nice and compact.

You mean small?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I agree with the OP, the scenery especially around our coastlines is undeniably awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

the weather never bothers me.

But, when you get a clear days sunshine here, theres no place id rather be than in connemara or west kerry or the wicklow mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I love Ireland because you can be walking down a street and a random stranger will say "hello", especially if you're having a fooked up day. Its happened a few times. No other motive but just to randomly acknowledge someones existence is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

The greenery, a walk Grafton street to Stephens green and we have some beautiful parks which are always well tended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My mates and local pub, the missus ain't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The green grass all year. Racehorses. The stuff the Victorians did like Dun Laoghaire piers, the Phoenix Park. No earthquakes, volcanos, tsunamis, hurricanes, forest fires, snakes, scorpions, tigers, alligators.

Ush1 wrote: »
    My mates and local pub, the missus ain't bad either.

Yeah she's alright we get together for some group sex when your in the local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I love the way we're friendly, you can chat to people and no1 thinks you're a nutter, like at the bus stop or in a cafe etc.
    But in NYC recently when we were all delayed for a flight, I made some comment to the guy beside me. He looked at me like I was a terrorist, and ignored me. :P

Also, I like the way we hold the doors open for people, Missed that too in NYC, people just slam it in your face, even if youre walking right behind them.

One more thing, we're also good at understanding our surroundings, (ie, not like some exchange students who scream talking on the bus or in restaurants, and take up 2 seats per person)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Colmustard wrote: »
    Yeah she's alright we get together for some group sex when your in the local.

I own in the local?

Group sex, who's the other parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 yoho_ahoy

Family, friends, Dublin.
    I love the midlands the flat calmness of the place.
    General chit chat between strangers. The pace and humour.
    The atmosphere on public transport.
    The bread, butter, coleslaw and sausages cannot be beaten.
    Most of all the characters and stories of towns, the amount of stories from mullingar would fill an amusing book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Her valleys green, Her lofty scene, Her mountains rude and wild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

yoho_ahoy wrote: »
    Most of all the characters and stories of towns, the amount of stories from mullingar would fill an amusing book.

I very much doubt that.

Shakespeare put it well.

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
    This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
    This other Eden, demi-paradise,
    This fortress built by Nature for herself
    Against infection and the hand of war,
    This happy breed of men, this little world,
    This precious stone set in the silver sea,
    Which serves it in the office of a wall
    Or as a moat defensive to a house,
    Against the envy of less happier lands,--
    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

Mountains, rivers, seas, views, out of the corner of the corner of my eye a lovely sunset, morning sunrise, vilages towns hussle and bussle, gridlock, darkness moonlight, quiteness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

The climate, the quietness of the country in comparison to other countries, the mothers dinner, and generally the laid back attitude although this is changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

The food. I don't live in Ireland anymore and I miss our food like crazy. I don't think I fully realized until I moved just how good Irish food is.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

The quaint native people with their luxury caravans ,and their freedom to stop in any location they choose and make it home .They are self sufficient in rubbish and sewerage disposal ,and when they are in need ,they are not shy to take from others .
    The rich local language ,which thankfully few are able to speak .
    The Country has a strong Spiritual side ,where old ladyies go to mass evey Sunday while the Husband stays home to look after his hangover .
    The constantly soft weather leads to a Green misty landscape ,and the lack of sun results in a whiter than white skin ,which Asians can only dream of .etc ,etc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Has to be Dun Laoghaire, or Kingstown as its royalist denizens prefer to still call it. It has everything - it's England, replete with numerous statues, streets and hotels dedicated to English monarchs, without having to leave Ireland.

What more, I ask you, could anybody want?

Advertisement