Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots

Options
  • 31-08-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Boots is opening next door to Tesco in the Headford Rd shopping centre.Used to be Millets and a clothes shop next door, currently knocking the two into one. Due to open in Three weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

That's good news for the people who get jobs there. Hopefully it won't cause job loses in the other chemist in the Centre.

That said, I prefer to support local businesses. I will still go to my local chemist. Don't get me wrong, I have bought stuff in the likes of Boots, Argos and Currys before but I don't like doing it. Sometimes, these outlets have products you can't get elsewhere or they have offers that are good value but I still prefer to go to Irish owned shops.

Of course, there's nothing to say that when I spend my hard earned money in a locally owned shop, that the owner isn't spending the profits abroad. Who knows?

There are plenty of foreign owned companies who make concerted effort to use Irish products and/or who sponsor local events. In particular, McDonald's and Aldi are good at this.

End of off-topic patriotic semi- rant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Another f***ing shoe shop great

Advertisement