Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best scones in Athlone?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Where does the best fresh homemade scones in Athlone? I've a pot of homemade raspberry jam that I'm dying to get stuck into with some warm scones and cream... mmmm
    I've gotten ones in Gala at the Crescent and Slice of Life and both are delish. Wondering is there anywhere else I should try???
    Thanks,
    Glen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

The cova use to do nice ones. I'd imagine they still do. I do like a good scone myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭glen25

Thanks, might give them a try, I live near enough. Your name is apt, replying at 2.30pm on a work day!! Maybe I should change mine too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

O'Briens around Irishtown.

I didn't think O'Briens would be making their scones fresh in store each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

i like the ones in the harvest cafe in the new shopping centre.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies.. I took the plunge and made my own this evening using Paul Hollywoods recipe from BBC Food website. Super easy and tasted great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Loaves and Fishes do some amazing scones, in particular their chocolate scone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I havnt tasted them but id say o'hehirs in golden island do nice scones , have had cakes from there a few times and they were lovely.

I love loaves and fishes so I must try out their scones the next time. Their brown bread is lovely too. I'll also give O'Hehirs a try too!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

shinikins wrote: »
    Loaves and Fishes do some amazing scones, in particular their chocolate scone!
    Chocolate scones!! Oh have been looking for these since I got chocolate chip scones in the G in Galway! And to think they were under my nose the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

They're amazing, afkasurfjunkie!! I have a load of them in the freezer for when I can't get down there for a coffee :D

Advertisement