Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Forerunner 110- HM Repair

Options
  • 31-08-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a garmin forerunner 110 GPS watch. one of the features is a heart Rate monitor which has recently stopped working. It has some electronic gremlin id say.
    Anyone know where i might get it fixed in dublin? I have already contacted Garmin and they were of no use.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What makes you think it has stopped working? Have you changed the battery?
    Have you re-'pair'ed it to your watch? Have you tried to pair it with anyone else's watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Bring it back to where you purchased it if it's under warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ChazMichael

Hi,

I have this GPS watch and the HRM strap.
    I find it a bit flaky at times and can take ages to pair both the watch and HRM strap. Sometimes I have to disable and then enable the HR function a few times. Can be annoying. But once it's paired there are no problems.

I guess if it has completely stopped and it's under warranty take it back to the shop. May not be that easy to fix.

Hi,

I have this GPS watch and the HRM strap.
    I find it a bit flaky at times and can take ages to pair both the watch and HRM strap. Sometimes I have to disable and then enable the HR function a few times. Can be annoying. But once it's paired there are no problems.

I guess if it has completely stopped and it's under warranty take it back to the shop. May not be that easy to fix.
    Do you have to pair the watch and HRM every time?

Do you have to pair the watch and HRM every time?

Practically everytime! It never detects the strap automatically for some reason. And I attempt to hold the watch reasonably close to the strap for a while.

• Advertisement

Practically everytime! It never detects the strap automatically for some reason. And I attempt to hold the watch reasonably close to the strap for a while.
    The HRMs auto-shut-off when not in use. They typically turn on again when there is a current passing between the terminals (i.e. when you are wearing the HRM (may need moisture!)). Typically (different model of Forerunner watch), I just start running, and the HRM strap is picked up with the the first 1/2 mile.

The HRMs auto-shut-off when not in use. They typically turn on again when there is a current passing between the terminals (i.e. when you are wearing the HRM (may need moisture!)). Typically (different model of Forerunner watch), I just start running, and the HRM strap is picked up with the the first 1/2 mile.

That's interesting. Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

One of my mates managed to fix it thank god. Not sure what he did. Its a great device when it works.

Beforehand i did change the battery/Cleaned the strap/Applied moisture etc and all of the other troubleshooting things. It just would not communicate with the watch.

Its out of warranty so touch wood it continues to work. Its expensive to buy a new one.

Advertisement