Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity personal data compromise

Options
  • 31-08-2012 2:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 265 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just received a call from Airtricity that a file containing my personal data including name, address and account balance, were sent to a third party and subsequently got lost before mysteriously reappearing.

They said that the DPC has been informed and that under "best practice" (made it sound like she was doing me a favour) they were ringing affected customers.

I'm just wondering, what are my rights here, they were very blunt and almost blaze about the whole thing.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

OSI wrote: »
    Just received a call from Airtricity that a file containing my personal data including name, address and account balance, were sent to a third party and subsequently got lost before mysteriously reappearing.

They said that the DPC has been informed and that under "best practice" (made it sound like she was doing me a favour) they were ringing affected customers.

I'm just wondering, what are my rights here, they were very blunt and almost blaze about the whole thing.
    Well your right is to not have your personal information passed on to third parties, but is that what you are asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

OSI wrote: »

Vote with your feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Vote with your feet?

Kick them ? :pac:

Advertisement