Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Harry interviews the Invisible Obama

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The good, the bad, and the misguided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

On a scale of one to awkward, that rates pretty high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I've got to say he's a cut above he usual Republican Hollywood celebrities such as Bruce Willis, Kelsey Grammer, Cliff Claven from Cheers, and, um, the guy who played Coach...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Rachel Maddow: Clint Eastwood RNC Speech Was 'The Weirdest Thing I Have Ever Seen At A Political Convention (in my entire life)' (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/rachel-maddow-clint-eastwood-weirdest-thing-political-convention_n_1845231.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

I can't wait to see this on The Daily Show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Biggins wrote: »
    A lot of reviews said it was everything from weird to downright depressing!

Its started an internet trend which Obama has even got into - "Eastwooding": http://www.thejournal.ie/president-obama-burns-clint-eastwood-via-twitter-579306-Aug2012/

Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Saturday Night Live will have a great skit over this :D

I've not seen anything but you can be sure they'll have something planned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I would have enjoyed this more if it hadn't come on the back of a couple of other rumours about Clint's declining mental faculties. As it is, I feel straight up bad for wanting to laugh at how weird it was. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I would have enjoyed this more if it hadn't come on the back of a couple of other rumours about Clint's declining mental faculties. As it is, I feel straight up bad for wanting to laugh at how weird it was. :(

It makes you wonder about he mentality of a person who came up with the idea of a debate between an 82 year old man and an empty chair. All the more sad because the guy is such a legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sky is the limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

We all have our favourite Clint moments, mine was when he threw back his poncho when he was about to draw in the spaghetti westerns.

Now look at what he has done to that image. Now I will just see a Romney asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

This is the most boring and least interesting thing I've ever seen on YouTube and I've watched annoying orange!

It was just a bad and stuttery speech. He really has no business talking about politics. He's an actor!

And a former politician ya jack wagon. Granted it was for a small town position but he's got more experience than most on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He did a Superbowl ad last February about the recovery of Detroit and the auto industry and some pundits screamed he promoting Obama in a roundabout way

Seems the pundits were all wrong

Was a good ad in fairness

. sorry bad link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Clint is just following a trend, to prevent himself paying anymore taxes. Bush enacted generous tax breaks for the wealthy and Clint like other rich stars want to keep their millions away from the taxman hence his support, its very selfish of him. Remember Romney only paid 13% effective tax unlike the average American who pays about 30%+ in direct taxes.

gurramok wrote: »
    Clint is just following a trend, to prevent himself paying anymore taxes. Bush enacted generous tax breaks for the wealthy and Clint like other rich stars want to keep their millions away from the taxman hence his support, its very selfish of him. Remember Romney only paid 13% effective tax unlike the average American who pays about 30%+ in direct taxes.

I don't think so, I think those are his views and there genuine whether we agree or not.

I would imagine Clint is a billionaire, he has a very long film career and he is a shrewd investor. Billionaires anywhere pay minimal taxes. U2 as a group for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Wompa1 wrote: »
    And a former politician ya jack wagon. Granted it was for a small town position but he's got more experience than most on here.

Well he didn't need any political experience for that speech! He was just spouting any crap in order to please a brain-dead crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Well he didn't need any political experience for that speech! He was just spouting any crap in order to please a brain-dead crowd.

in all fairness it wasnt that bad of a speech, he had the chair on the run for most of it :D

• Advertisement

Same as any convention be it, Dem or Rep. I often wonder what kind of people go to these things and clap and cry maniacally.

I just find it weird.

But I loves me some Clint Eastwood.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Same as any convention be it, Dem or Rep. I often wonder what kind of people go to these things and clap and cry maniacally.

I just find it weird.

But I loves me some Clint Eastwood.

The shakers and the makers, its a big networking exercise and it is the same here as the golden circle has demonstrated.

It reminds me of the old Stalin speeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Loads of Republicans in Hollywood

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    I've got to say he's a cut above he usual Republican Hollywood celebrities such as Bruce Willis, Kelsey Grammer, Cliff Claven from Cheers, and, um, the guy who played Coach...

Kelsey Grammer NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Do really think he thought that?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It may have been a shaky performance but the man is still a hero to me. He is responsible for some of the greatest cinema in history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

gurramok wrote: »

Fact

I was in town last night and all the Notradame (the fighting Irish) were out with the cheerleaders. An absolute sound bunch, the thing about individual Americans they are nothing like their politicians. I always find them polite mannerly respectful and generally good company.

I lived there for about a year and that was also my overall impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Romney is the biggest flip-flopper there is, how can anyone seriously even consider voting for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

he was fine, if he made the same statement about barry soetero obama or whatever his real name is -- all the libs and trendies and mainstream media would hail it as a great fun performance... but once he says it about the clown obama? - welll you cant do that... thats not approved of by the brain deads who slurp down every bit of crap from obumma or whatever his name is

but wait breaking news - gues what the gooood ol dems are having to open their convention ---its yur friends and mine the goood ol freedom luuuuving liberal.. MUSLIM BROTHERHOOOD,, yessss giving 2 hours of speech about everything they really do luuuuv about America ( and yes children they really really relally do luuuv America )hahahhahahaha

but hey dont worry,, all the libs,dems and media will still clap and cheer for barry odummer and pat those brotherhood guys on the back and say "great job brothers"! ..

Advertisement