Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much for landscaping lawn?

• 31-08-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi,I have a large area that has just been levelled off using tracks machine. So I've had a landscaper in who has given me a price to come in with compact tractors to finely level it off, finish shape and then spread lawn seed and he's said it would be 1.20/sqm. I've no experience here, its about 0.5 acres. I would have thought machines, couple of guys, 2 days work, maybe a grand but wasn't expecting nearly 2500e. Can anyone give me a bit of advice as to whether he's in the right ball park?
    Cheers,
    Clint

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dmc121

Sounds very expensive. I had a lot of work done on c 1.5 acres of overgrown garden and found the best quotes are "per job". Shop around locally would be my advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Thanks. Yeah, I'd another guy have a look and he's coming back to me with a price for the job and reckons 2-3 days tops for a couple of guys so we'll see what he says....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SaulGoodman

I had just under half an acre done in one day for 1K, did a smashing job too

Landscaper was happy to get the work

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luludeburca

sounds great Saul Goodman . Wonder if your guy would like to do a job in kerry - same size , just under .5 acre. just a field which I would like to level off and turn into a very nice lawn. No idea how much it should cost - just logged in here to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

I had slightly less than 0.5 acre to plough/till/ level / till €210 . Seed and roll , seed included €180 .
    Cost would have trebled (€1200 plus) if hand raking stone included.
    Raked and removed same myself, finished today shoulders and back are yelling at me . Seed will be sown tomorrow and rolled if rain stays off.
    Correction it is being done now ,rolled next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Would recommend you look at www.alci.ie for a local professional landscaper. I would expect 0.5 acre could be completed in < 1 day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I had just under half an acre done in one day for 1K, did a smashing job too

Landscaper was happy to get the work

Hi SaulGoodman, can you pm me the details of the Landscaper you used.

Advertisement