Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Hotspot

Options
  • 31-08-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all.
    I recently purchased a Huawei c915 hotspot from meteor.It was cheap .Only 10 euro per month.When i clocked the speed witn Eircom speed test it came in at 1.2 mps.Not great but for 10 euro i cant complain.I put it on a radiator next to me and i noticed it was a good deal quicker.I ran Eircom speed test again and it was clocking at 4.3 mps.I did it again today and the same thing.If anyone has one of these can you give it a try.
    Maybe its a well known trick.Maybe i discovered something fantastic or maybe i am loosing my mind.Can ye give it a try and let me know.
    Cheers
    brianc42:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Blogs/... forum

So you're saying that the heat from the rad increased the speed? I don't have a Huawei so can't check but hopefully so guys in Comms can.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brianc42

the radiator was off. i put it down to the circuit it was on. i would not try it on a hot radiator. it will probably damage the hot spot
    Quote=b
    iko;80558456]From Blogs/... forum

So you're saying that the heat from the rad increased the speed? I don't have a Huawei so can't check but hopefully so guys in Comms can.[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, a hot rad is probably not a good idea :D

Interesting if the result can be reproduced by someone else.

Advertisement