Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Repeating question! (:

• 31-08-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hii! I'm repeating my Leaving Cert this year and I was going to drop Irish and French.. however I think I'll keep Irish and try it at Higher Level. a pass in Irish is required for my course, and I already got my pass in Irish this year.. so If I were to somehow fail Irish in the 2013 L.C, Could I still use my 2012 Irish result as meeting the pass in Irish requirement?

Hopefully this all makes sense! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Yep, its just points that cant be carried over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Hii! I'm repeating my Leaving Cert this year and I was going to drop Irish and French.. however I think I'll keep Irish and try it at Higher Level. a pass in Irish is required for my course, and I already got my pass in Irish this year.. so If I were to somehow fail Irish in the 2013 L.C, Could I still use my 2012 Irish result as meeting the pass in Irish requirement?

Hopefully this all makes sense! Thanks :)

What the previous poster said is correct but would you need to count Irish for points this year? Maybe a subject that you could be sure to do well in would be a better choice since you're not sure if you'd pass at higher level. Saying that if you could get your oral Irish to a high standard you could do well.

Best of luck :)

Advertisement