Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal Tutorials/Lecturing work

• 31-08-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

does anyone here have any experience of either lecturing or giving tutorials in law or any legal subject? If so, how did you go about getting it, other than keeping an eye on vacancies pages on university websites? Particularly in relation to tutorials/grinds etc as I have yet to see something like this advertised?

(apologies if not suitable for Legal forum)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Barristers... its about one of the only jobs they're allowed to do. In all honesty you get a fair few 'subtle offers' from various people as a law student - generally practicing Barristers offering to mark stuff etc. Personally I'll be looking for someone to Mark some past KI entrance papers next year - but it tends to be very down to contacts as obviously you as the 'purchaser' want someone with a recommendation.

GCD seem to get quite a few TCD PhDs coming though and have the odd GCD graduate coming back in for tutorials - ones who have gone on to bigger and better things of course. Think we had a Queens PhD student and a TCD Masters/Phd student this year. In all honest the both of them probably better than the lecturers in some respects :D

EDIT - as for grinds - I'm not overly familiar with the term but I assume its like one-to-one tuition. My experience this year has been that if someone needed that they simply weren't putting the work in and were unlikely to benefit. The contact hours college guys get in Law is bonkers (we couldn;t have been more spoon fed the basics unless they tied us down in some kind of Clockwork Orange scenario) and I'd assume the uni-students might be more amenable to it but there wouldn't be so much call for it?

Advertisement