Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best kebab in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Warper wrote: »
    No offense mate but that kebab looks rank.

This is a proper West-European kebab, as you find them in Belgium and Germany (amongst others).

Good quality bread, lots of veggies, delicious meat and a tasty sauce that doesn't turn the paper bag into something that falls apart if you gently blow at it.
    And the size, atleast with this one you're properly filled.

But to be honest, your opinion "looks rank" doesn't mean much as quite honestly most fast food looks quite rank after a 10-minute bicycle ride home.

Taste it, then come back. I doubt you'll still sport the same opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bl123

The Mezza next door to Zaytoon on Parliament Street is the best for kebabs in the city in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

Ok after been eating one kebab a week for the last few, I have to say PSF is the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

I'm not from Dublin myself but was there yesterday, after all the good reports I heard about Zaytoons we went in to the one on Parliament St, it was lunch time and it was pretty busy, i got a lamb and the OH got a chicken kebab, i am a kebab lover and couldnt wait for the fed!!

Tbh it was a real let down, the lamb meat was not nice at all, the chilli sauce was as watery and the portion sizes arent that big either, the bread was nearly uneatable it was so hard and chewy, when yer man was putting on the salad he put a little sprinkle of lettuce and red cabbage and before he put on the sauce i asked for more salad and he give me a dirtiest look ever!

So no I would defo not go back to it again might try that Isklanders next time or even the place next door to Zaytoons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

No mention for Babylon? Crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

ft9 wrote: »
    No mention for Babylon? Crazy!

Just what I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was just coming on to start this thread.

Had Zaytoon's for the first time last week. It was ok, won't be rushing back.

Iskanders wins every time for me, had the mixed kebab last night for the first time. The addition of tomatoes are a real beauty.

Must try Babylon, a certain poster here keeps recommending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I was just coming on to start this thread.

Had Zaytoon's for the first time last week. It was ok, won't be rushing back.

Iskanders wins every time for me, had the mixed kebab last night for the first time. The addition of tomatoes are a real beauty.

Must try Babylon, a certain poster here keeps recommending it.
    Where is babylon? I had a lamb donner from passion for food a while ago after reading this thread and it was a bit of a let down. I had to take half the meat back out of my mouth because it was too fatty. If i go back I'll stick to the chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

would you know if any of these restaurants deliver? or are there any lebanese that delivers to the dublin 4 area?

Where is babylon? I had a lamb donner from passion for food a while ago after reading this thread and it was a bit of a let down. I had to take half the meat back out of my mouth because it was too fatty. If i go back I'll stick to the chicken

Wexford St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

You are joking... even the worst kebab in a Holyhead kebab house can piss from a great height on any kebab served in the whole of Ireland!

Get a grip...

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Dont agree with that at all! Most kebabs are much of a muchness wherever you go. But i have friends from the uk that love the kebabs in dublin because there are so many varieties here, not just your basic greasy hard donor meat common in most uk places.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

would you know if any of these restaurants deliver? or are there any lebanese that delivers to the dublin 4 area?

There are quite a few places that do lebanese food. Search by cuisine on menupages.ie. As far as kebabs go, alot of people rate mezza in temple bar above zaytoon. Think its pretty much next door if you havent tried :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Neeson wrote: »

Wexford St.
    Cheers. I can't picture it, is it new-ish? I might give it a go this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Zaytoon is good but expensive. Tasty Grill in Portobello do a good chicken shish. If yer heading for Zaytoon Camden St id recommend giving it a try.
    Have not been to P4F or Mezza but after reading this ill gonna have to take a detour some day.

Worst kebab must be Ismael on Baggot St, even after a nights drinking the doner was inedible.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Scruffy Sandra

Noffles wrote: »
    You are joking... even the worst kebab in a Holyhead kebab house can piss from a great height on any kebab served in the whole of Ireland!

Get a grip...

I've lived in the UK for four years now, many different places.

Zaytoon kebabs are the nicest I've tasted.

Second place was a kebab from a turkish place in Auckland, NZ, where they were smoking those yokes outside. But even that wasn't as nice as a Zaytoon kebab.

Cheers. I can't picture it, is it new-ish? I might give it a go this afternoon!

Tbh I don't know. I went there once and had a taco chip, not a kebab!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭Goose81

The Rotana Cafe on South Richmond Street in Portobello is the best I have had. Usually go to Zaytoons once a week but this place is far better albeit its pricier. You get what you pay for.

http://rotanacafe.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Have been to Zaytoon on Parliament St. 3 or 4 times (due to convenience and so many great reviews from friends) but have yet to have a good kebab so gave up, they were consistently poor and seemed expensive for what I got - must give Mezza a go next time to compare

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Agree with Goose81 - Rotana Cafe is a quality spot - certainly if you want a nice kebab while sober.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Rhand wrote: »
    This is a proper West-European kebab, as you find them in Belgium and Germany (amongst others).

Good quality bread, lots of veggies, delicious meat and a tasty sauce that doesn't turn the paper bag into something that falls apart if you gently blow at it.
    And the size, atleast with this one you're properly filled.

But to be honest, your opinion "looks rank" doesn't mean much as quite honestly most fast food looks quite rank after a 10-minute bicycle ride home.

Taste it, then come back. I doubt you'll still sport the same opinion.

Wow a little sensitive over your kebab.

For me Mezza has to be the be all end all best kebab I've gotten in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Noffles wrote: »

Get a grip...

You wouldn't know a decent kebab if it threw up on you, I've eaten Welsh kebabs and trust me, there no good, see for yourself.

It was so bad I took a pic of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    You wouldn't know a decent kebab if it threw up on you, I've eaten Welsh kebabs and trust me, there no good, see for yourself.

Looks rotten!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

New place open on Dame St where gruel used to be; looks more like a sit down joint. Will try tomorrow, anyone been?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus that looks rough :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That is NOT a kebab. It may be a regurgitated one.

Also, don't get the Rotana love, found it very dry and unsatisfactory myself.

Zaytoon always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Birneybau wrote: »

That is NOT a kebab. It may be a regurgitated one.

Also, don't get the Rotana love, found it very dry and unsatisfactory myself.

Zaytoon always!

I think thats Martyn's point.

Also, Mezza ftw (I used to prefer Zaytoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Think its important to distinguish between the Zaytoons myself. I found the Camden st one significantly nicer

Mezza kebabs are huge but they taste a bit bland.

Haven't had an iskander in about 10 years after a bad incident there.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Just to add here I tried Iskanders last night and I would say it was prob the worst kebab I have ever had, the meat itself was disgusting, tough, chewy and fatty, very little sauce and tight on salad, this was even after a rake of pints and the kebab wasnt even finished it was that bad, i would rather have Abra over this place it is that rank! Never again will step foot in that place, have tried Zatoons also and it was OK wasnt blown away with it, seems my regular kebab shop is going to be hard to beat!!!

Next time when out in Dublin will try this Mezza place and will defo report back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

anto9 wrote: »
    Zaytoon on Parliment Street for the best Lamb Kebab and pitsa bread .Their Coffie is also good .Will be back in Dublin after a few years soon and looking forward to going there again .
    Zaytoon also do a meal special from 1 to 3 PM during the week for e6
    (Mini Kabab, chips and can of coke)

Superb meal and always stuffed after it. :)

Advertisement