Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seniority help?!

• 31-08-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I'm a second level teacher and hear we may have staff up for redeployment next year. How is seniority calculated? I have 13 years teaching experience 4 of which are in this school. (3rpt and 1 yr subbing). I should be entitled to CID next year.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

New teachers redeployed in or teachers out.

Am I wrong in saying only permanent staff can get redeployed. CID or part time staff cannot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Island24

Hi!
    I meant redeployed out sorry!

I think CID staff can?!
    seavill wrote: »
    New teachers redeployed in or teachers out.

Am I wrong in saying only permanent staff can get redeployed. CID or part time staff cannot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

CID staff can be redeployed.
    Bear in mind that redeployment can be based on "curricular needs of the school".
    Teacher A is teaching Maths and English for 5 years.
    Teacher B is teaching Maths and Irish for 2 years.

Teacher A may be redeployed over teacher B because the school needs an Irish teacher. This has happened to some staff in my own school. It is not solely based on seniority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

It hasn't effected me but someone in another school told me that bout CID must tell them they are incorrect. I thought it didn't sound right but they were convinced. Good to know so

Advertisement