Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod Touch sec gen issues after updating OS

• 31-08-2012 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

My friend has a major issue with his Ipod Touch sec gen after the update.
    Basically the device reboots/crashes randomly,he followed the advice from the
    Apple Support reps to reset the device but this didn't fix the problem unfortunately.Since the device is out of warranty he was advised to send the Ipod to Belfast however it means also that he would have to spend 100 Euros for diagnostics + shipping fees .

It does not make a financial sense to to have the device repaired so my question would be :

Is there any chance the soft can be downgraded on the Ipod ?

iPod touch (2nd generation) running firmware version 4.2.1

Many Thanks for any info you may have :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Bump :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

He should have a backup on iTunes. If he hasn't done a sync. since he did the upgrade then he should be able to restore the last backup and it will revert to the previous version.

I have a G2 iTouch on 4.2.1 and it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Thanks for the reply,much appreciated.

I will pass on this information to him and report back later .

Advertisement