Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Weddings - LOATH THEM.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Haven't been to many, friends recently got married and I had a great laugh in fairness, it was a very relaxed wedding. I wouldn't be quick to go to one again.

Because A: It costs a small fortune.
    B: They are all the same really when you think about it, just because your dress has sequins here and Bridie down the down the roads didn't doesn't make them that different.

I guess I just don't get the big fuss, it doesn't make sense to me, don't really believe in marriage myself as I don't see the point, but if I had to registry office job with a barbecue or something after for close friends and family and then feck off with the hubby for a month or two travelling on all the money we saved not having the same wedding that everyone else in the country has every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't like being in a situation where two other people have an elevated status. I need to be the centre of attention, I'm the star of the show Dammit.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I've been to 4 weddings this year, 2 were good and the other 2 not so great but that was just because I didn't know as many people at them.

There will probably be another 2 coming up next year and yeah it's expensive there's no point denying that.

It's the stag nights that I wouldn't be too keen on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Thank Christ the Birdie Song has gone out of fashion, tho Sweet Caroline is still with us, the wedding staple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

When I was young free and single, I went to to most weddings that I was invited to because there were always loads of jealous ladies who were looking for a husband. I provided a one night comforting service wherever possible.

Now I am a middle-aged happily married fart, I only go to weddings of close family and close friends. These days, I have more friends getting divorced than getting married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Now I am a middle-aged happily married fart, I only go to weddings of close family and close friends. These days, I have more friends getting divorced than getting married.

What age does the divorce stuff kick in at ? I hav ea number of wagers outstanding..... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

sure this is Ireland. Remember to Live by the rule book:

1. You must be in a relationship by the time your@least 26/27 or else they"l say " that fellas a bit odd" or "she should of joined the nuns"

2. Put your relationship up on FB and post annoying stuff like "best boyfriend ever, so lucky xxxxx" or "came home after a hard day, dinner ready "best girlfriend ever".

3. Get engaged. Party most be held in a local pub, usually a friday night. Sandwiches most be provided and the bar must have carpet/smelly toilets.

4. The wedding. You most have your wedding at a local commercial hotel, i.e., Clarion, Raddisson etc. You most invite people you dont even like and give a speach that you got off the internet while all those annoying guests put money in a glass to record your speech time and shout 'say thanks' say thanks'...

5. Married life. The husband must be bored by 3 years, not exceeding. The wife must have at least 2 childern or "thats abit odd" no kids? She must also have put on at least 4 stone and cut her hair into a short school boy look. Husband most have lost all interest by year 5.

6. The home- Your home must be on an unfinshed housing estate and be named in Irish, for example, "clochain Liah", Cois on Abhainn.

7. The kids, must be named , Roisin and Jack

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Advertisement