Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Warehouse Clearance

Options
  • 31-08-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi does anyone know when the lidl warehouse clearance is starting in Naas thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It started today (friday) at 2pm and runs till sunday. Its in the old 2seasons shop In the B&Q retail park. Get there early. I went today to get a trampoline for my daughter and got there at 1.30pm and there was a queue of 150-200 people already there. On each day the shop is open 2-8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RoSparrow

ken wrote: »
    It started today (friday) at 2pm and runs till sunday. Its in the old 2seasons shop In the B&Q retail park. Get there early. I went today to get a trampoline for my daughter and got there at 1.30pm and there was a queue of 150-200 people already there. On each day the shop is open 2-8pm.

Thanks Ken thats great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Wow! Was it worth the queue? Is there good stuff to be had?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

They had one in Galway a few months back.
    I have never seen as much tat in my life. People almost in a scrum trying to get a bargain. Had to leave as it was making me feel ill. Hope the one your way is a bit better.

Prenderb wrote: »
    Wow! Was it worth the queue? Is there good stuff to be had?
    It depends what you want really. The trampoline was reduced from €180 to €120. Tomorrow there's an 8 man tent reduced from €140 to €79.99. They have 3-4 big ticket items available only on selected days and then other stuff instore also. I seen kitchenware really reduced. Also clothes. Golf clubs for €15 each or a beginner set for €100.
    To be honest i didn't notice much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SC Kevin

i hope it wont be anything like this one that was on in ballymun a few years back :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

It depends what you want really. The trampoline was reduced from €180 to €120. Tomorrow there's an 8 man tent reduced from €140 to €79.99. They have 3-4 big ticket items available only on selected days and then other stuff instore also. I seen kitchenware really reduced. Also clothes. Golf clubs for €15 each or a beginner set for €100.
    To be honest i didn't notice much more.

Thanks! For me that seems like it might be worth a quick squizz, but not to queue for, so won't travel for that in particular.

Once the doors opened i was in in 5 minutes. It wasn't that bad. They had it well worked out. " guys from lidl were going around outside with tickets for the big items. When they ran out of tickets that was all of that item gone.

People with a ticket went to the back of the store where there was a counter and 3-4 people handing out the items for the tickets. You then went to the cash desk near the door. Anyone not getting a big item was free to look around. All told i was in at 2.05 out by 2.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,821 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was in the Mullingar one, mostly complete tat unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

it's all the shyte they cant flog........forget about it!

• Advertisement

As you can probably tell from the user name i'm a man. I was there for one thing and just sorta observed the stuff around me. It looked ok to me but might not be. As i said above it depends what you want.
    My final advice would be treat it like an indoor market/boot sale. Don't expect top class stuff and you won't be disappointed.

Now i'm off to apply for a job as Lidl PR spokesperson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Is this not all the crap they did not sell at another time??

90% of the stuff they do sell is oul tat. The stuff they cant ??? well i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,821 ✭✭✭✭L1011

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Is this not all the crap they did not sell at another time??

90% of the stuff they do sell is oul tat. The stuff they cant ??? well i dunno.

Its the stuff they didn't sell (mostly clothes) and any tested working/undamaged returns by the looks of things.

Bought two things myself but that was out of a stock of a few thousand different items - it is mostly tat.

Advertisement