Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese at UCC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Did it as part of my law course two years ago and absolutely loved it. Chinese is a great language and it's not at all as daunting as it may seem at the start.

You are taught by actual Chinese teachers so that helps an awful lot. There's lectures on Monday and Tuesday where you learn new words, grammar etc and then tutorials on Wednesday and Thursday to go over it, practise some speaking and listening. Every week they do a thing called 'dictation' where they test you on some randomly picked words from last week and that counts as some sort of a small percentage to your final mark.
    The teachers are all absolutely lovely too, the tutors are usually chinese masters students from Shanghai who are here as part of their studies so it's great fun.
    You also get a chance to go to Shanghai, if you decide you want to do full-on Chinese studies major and, having spent a year there, I can tell you it's a chance of a lifetime- the city is simply incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 liubiantao

I'm from China and I'd like to make some new friends

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

您好,歡迎光臨愛爾蘭

您好,歡迎光臨愛爾蘭

原來你們學的是繁體字啊

我作弊,使用翻譯,但我在大學學習本學期招收

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

你妈的屄

Alibear wrote: »
    你妈的屄

你的妹妹有一个臭屄 :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 silviali

hi. i come from beijing, china, and study business.i am so excited that you like chinese and i dont know if we can make friends. :D:D
    Mario007 wrote: »
    Did it as part of my law course two years ago and absolutely loved it. Chinese is a great language and it's not at all as daunting as it may seem at the start.

You are taught by actual Chinese teachers so that helps an awful lot. There's lectures on Monday and Tuesday where you learn new words, grammar etc and then tutorials on Wednesday and Thursday to go over it, practise some speaking and listening. Every week they do a thing called 'dictation' where they test you on some randomly picked words from last week and that counts as some sort of a small percentage to your final mark.
    The teachers are all absolutely lovely too, the tutors are usually chinese masters students from Shanghai who are here as part of their studies so it's great fun.
    You also get a chance to go to Shanghai, if you decide you want to do full-on Chinese studies major and, having spent a year there, I can tell you it's a chance of a lifetime- the city is simply incredible.

liubiantao wrote: »
    I'm from China and I'd like to make some new friends
    silviali wrote: »
    hi. i come from beijing, china, and study business.i am so excited that you like chinese and i dont know if we can make friends. :D:D

你们好! 你们现在在爱尔兰吗?爱尔兰 怎么样?你们学习什么?

我的中文不很好但是我要改善。 我们可以作朋友!

That's about all my chinese really, but I'll be very happy to meet up with you guys. Maybe you could even teach me some more :)

你们好! 你们现在在爱尔兰吗?爱尔兰 怎么样?你们学习什么?

我的中文不很好但是我要改善。 我们可以作朋友!

That's about all my chinese really, but I'll be very happy to meet up with you guys. Maybe you could even teach me some more :)

I will be arrive next monday, I hope that I can love this place. and i study finance and will stay here about 2 years.so how about you?what's your major?
    you're irish?
    我很愿意教你中文,我的中文成绩一直不错~~:D也希望你可以教我英文,互帮互助啦~;)

• Advertisement

I will be arrive next monday, I hope that I can love this place. and i study finance and will stay here about 2 years.so how about you?what's your major?
    you're irish?
    我很愿意教你中文,我的中文成绩一直不错~~:D也希望你可以教我英文,互帮互助啦~;)

I will be in Cork from the 23rd so maybe we can meet up then! I think you're gonna like the University and its campus, 很漂亮。Wow you're staying for two year? That's quite a long time! Is it a masters you're doing?
    我学习发路。 I'm going into my final year now (and I hope to go back to China to learn more Chinese).
    I'm originally Slovakian but I've lived in Ireland for 8 years now, eversince I was 13.
    哈哈, 太好了! 一次我们可以说英文下次我们可以说中文! :)
    你叫什么?我的中文名字是毕马瑞 (英文名字Mario)

I will be in Cork from the 23rd so maybe we can meet up then! I think you're gonna like the University and its campus, 很漂亮。Wow you're staying for two year? That's quite a long time! Is it a masters you're doing?
    我学习发路。 I'm going into my final year now (and I hope to go back to China to learn more Chinese).
    I'm originally Slovakian but I've lived in Ireland for 8 years now, eversince I was 13.
    哈哈, 太好了! 一次我们可以说英文下次我们可以说中文! :)
    你叫什么?我的中文名字是毕马瑞 (英文名字Mario)

是法律,不是发路.when you spell 律,you should type L-v,then you can find it. I take part in 2+2 programs and get double bachelor degree.so it's a long time. if you want to go china, i am pleasure to be your guide:D
    英文名字silvia中文 李真.
    why 毕马瑞? is there any reasons? it sounds like an auditing firm's name,called 毕马威(KPMG):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

What day is your orientation?

是法律,不是发路.when you spell 律,you should type L-v,then you can find it. I take part in 2+2 programs and get double bachelor degree.so it's a long time. if you want to go china, i am pleasure to be your guide:D
    英文名字silvia中文 李真.
    why 毕马瑞? is there any reasons? it sounds like an auditing firm's name,called 毕马威(KPMG):p

Oh damn, I knew that...I just wasn't very careful when typing :) Haha great, I'll probably will take you up on the offer (sadly, I did not manage to visit Beijing when I was in China last year, so I need to change that)!
    认识你我很高兴李真! (i know it's too formal, but it's the only phrase I know in this situation :P)
    No reason, it was given to me by my Chinese teacher, I guess it kinda sounds like my name. And whenever I used it in China people would always laugh so I figured I might as well use it :)

英文名字silvia中文 李真.

哎哟,这不是我师父嘛,我给你说汉语,你给我说英语怎么样

Oh damn, I knew that...I just wasn't very careful when typing :) Haha great, I'll probably will take you up on the offer (sadly, I did not manage to visit Beijing when I was in China last year, so I need to change that)!
    认识你我很高兴李真! (i know it's too formal, but it's the only phrase I know in this situation :P)
    No reason, it was given to me by my Chinese teacher, I guess it kinda sounds like my name. And whenever I used it in China people would always laugh so I figured I might as well use it :)

oh,i got it.did you watch a chinese novel called journey to west?in this novel, the main role(a monkey)has a nickname called 弼马温,the pronunciation is similar to your name's.:rolleyes:
    i have a exam about corporate and business law(BRITAIN) this year, if i have some questions,will you help me ~haha
    which places did you go last year?

liubiantao wrote: »
    哎哟,这不是我师父嘛,我给你说汉语,你给我说英语怎么样

are you kidding?what do you wanna to say??\

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GaryOoO

I'm from China and I would like to make foreign friends as well. :D
    Did you know Cantonese before?

哎哟,Gary也来了,我是Harry

oh,i got it.did you watch a chinese novel called journey to west?in this novel, the main role(a monkey)has a nickname called 弼马温,the pronunciation is similar to your name's.:rolleyes:
    i have a exam about corporate and business law(BRITAIN) this year, if i have some questions,will you help me ~haha
    which places did you go last year?

Haha, I haven't had a chacne to read The Journey to the West, but it's one of the books I plan to read next year :) Now I have even more motivation!
    Haha, sure I'll do my best to help out! i'm going to be studying Company law this year too, so I should know the answers.
    I lived in Shanghai, so I obviously seen most of the city (like the Bund, Lujiazui, French Concesion, Xintiandi, Tianzifang or Qibao). I went to Suzhou as well and that was very beautiful! I also went to Nanjing which was great as well, particularly Fuzimiao. I also went to Hefei because my it was the hometown of my friend and she wanted to show me where she lived etc.
    As I said, unfortunately I didn't make it to Beijing. I planned on going in June (my brother was supposed to come to Shanghai and we'd both go) but I had to come home earlier to do an internship. I also haven't been to Huangshan, but I really want to go so hopefull next year I'll do that.
    GaryOoO wrote: »
    I'm from China and I would like to make foreign friends as well. :D
    Did you know Cantonese before?

Hi Gary! Unfortunately I don't know any Cantonese, only very bad Putonghua. I've heard, though, that the characters are the same for both though.
    When are you coming to UCC?

• Advertisement

Haha, I haven't had a chacne to read The Journey to the West, but it's one of the books I plan to read next year :) Now I have even more motivation!
    Haha, sure I'll do my best to help out! i'm going to be studying Company law this year too, so I should know the answers.
    I lived in Shanghai, so I obviously seen most of the city (like the Bund, Lujiazui, French Concesion, Xintiandi, Tianzifang or Qibao). I went to Suzhou as well and that was very beautiful! I also went to Nanjing which was great as well, particularly Fuzimiao. I also went to Hefei because my it was the hometown of my friend and she wanted to show me where she lived etc.
    As I said, unfortunately I didn't make it to Beijing. I planned on going in June (my brother was supposed to come to Shanghai and we'd both go) but I had to come home earlier to do an internship. I also haven't been to Huangshan, but I really want to go so hopefull next year I'll do that.

i am so lucky to find a professional teacher,thanks in advance.
    wow,you really visited lots of places,even some of them i have never travelled. and my acca exam would be finished in june,then i will go back to beijing.i expect that we can have time to travel together.:D

i am so lucky to find a professional teacher,thanks in advance.
    wow,you really visited lots of places,even some of them i have never travelled. and my acca exam would be finished in june,then i will go back to beijing.i expect that we can have time to travel together.:D

Haha we'll see how good my 'professional teacher' will be :P
    Well China is very quite big, so there's a lot to see :) Ha, great, it's always much better when travelling around with someone who knows the place. I'll try to show you around the cool places in Ireland.

Haha we'll see how good my 'professional teacher' will be :P
    Well China is very quite big, so there's a lot to see :) Ha, great, it's always much better when travelling around with someone who knows the place. I'll try to show you around the cool places in Ireland.

haha, I hope this professional teacher can be fantastic.
    that's great. I won't visit some amazing places alone.:D

haha we'll have to see about that.

Are you in Cork already?

Are you in Cork already?

Are you in Cork already?
    yeah,I have just got my new phone cards.0873596451.if you arrive,call me.
    I brought so many things today,too heavy to lift.hah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Hey guys, while its none of my business I would suggest messaging privatly instead of publicly putting your numbers on here. You never know. Welcome :-)

Advertisement