Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My code is invalid??!!

• 31-08-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

So...

I bought Guild Wars 2 from Gamestop today.

Brought it home, installed it, downloaded the update..

Then tried to register..

First thing i got was Code not Recognised?!

What the **** is this ****?? I didnt pay €50 for an invalid code?!!

And GW2 support forums are the worst i have ever seen. Pointless!
    Has anyone any suggestions about going about to solve this issue??!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Couldn't have happened to a nicer poster.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Couldn't have happened to a nicer poster..... :P

sarcasm much? :P

If a person believed in karma, which some people do, they might view this as retribution for being a dick on the WoW thread yesterday to the guy asking a simple question about titles.

If one believed in such things ofcourse......... :)

If a person believed in karma, which some people do, they might view this as retribution for being a dick on the WoW thread yesterday to the guy asking a simple question about titles.

First of all, i answered the guys question by saying i doubt the title is account wide...

So then he says my comment was "spewage"

If anything the guy had it coming to him.

If you were to go by that way.. then i could go as far as saying your comment on this post was "spewage" and you shouldnt get insulted, and just carry on your merry way..

Yeah I suppose I'll go on my merry way and log back in to play the game. Good idea. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I suppose I'll go on my merry way and log back in to play the game. Good idea.

Good idea. bye bye

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Go back to Gamestop. That's probably the quickest way to get it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Firstly, are you sure they gave you the correct box? Meaning they didn't accidentally give you a pre-purchase or pre-order code instead of a full game code? Are you going to this website to register?: https://register.guildwars2.com/ as opposed to say trying to add the code to an NCSoft master account? Also bear in mind that the website is under huge amounts of traffic at the minute, so you might have to try a few times for it to work, even if you are being told the code is not being recognised.

What support forums are you talking about? The official Guild Wars 2 forums are currently not open.

Advertisement