Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when does the SCC have to be paid by?

• 31-08-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey guys, any idea when the 2400 has to be paid by? cant remember from last year and cant find any info.. also, what dates can the two installments be paid on? thanking you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

MariaBlaah wrote: »
    Hey guys, any idea when the 2400 has to be paid by? cant remember from last year and cant find any info.. also, what dates can the two installments be paid on? thanking you!
    Well they'd prefer to get the fee as soon as possible bit that's always not the case, you can go the whole year not paying fees. But you'll have to pay to get your results in June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Isn't it the first installment has to be by the 31st of January?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Salts

For first years anyway I think you have to pay 605 at registration and the rest by January 31st, not sure about other years..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

How about if a little birdie in SUSI told me I was provisionally accepted for the grant? Can I just get away with paying the 160€ or so until they release the funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

That little birdie would need to have pecked it onto a letter received with the grant pack saying you are eligible

I paid €155 during part 1 and they took a scan of my letter on Friday, writing my student number on the form
    All ok, no questions asked - could take ages before anyone gets a concrete yes or no from SUSI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

That little birdie would need to have pecked it onto a letter received with the grant pack saying you are eligible

I paid €155 during part 1 and they took a scan of my letter on Friday, writing my student number on the form
    All ok, no questions asked - could take ages before anyone gets a concrete yes or no from SUSI

Which letter did you provide them? The one requesting the documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

The main one with "following assessment of the details you provided...... you have been deemed eligible to progress to the next step....." in the first paragraph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Taken from the debtors policy:

The minimum first instalment payable at registration is €605 unless the student can provide written evidence at registration that they have applied for a grant to S.U.S.I (Student Universal Support Ireland) - the new ONLINE ONLY grant applications system being introduced for 2012. For information on S.U.S.I go to http://www.studentfinance.ie/

Where written evidence of an application or award from S.U.S.I is provided at registration the minimum first instalment payable will be €155.

The balance of the Student Contribution Charge is payable in January 2013.

Instalments received after the 31st of January 2013 and on or before the 28th of February 2013 will be subject to a late payment charge of €200. Instalment’s received after the 28th February 2013 shall incur an additional late payment charge of €150, bringing the total late payment fee to €350. The maximum late payment fee will be €350 in any one academic year.
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/financeoffice/fees/FeeDebtorPolicy/

For what it's worth, I was late paying both installments last year. From what I remember, nobody chased me up for the first installment, which I paid in October, and I got a couple of emails, and phone call, and I was blocked from seeing my exam timetable when I didn't pay the second instalment, which I paid in April without any issue. I wasn't charged any of the late payment fees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The €605 applies to 1st years only. Ongoing students must pay 1st instalment €1,280 when they register and €1,125 before 31st January.

Advertisement