Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proactive solicitor in Dublin?

• 31-08-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, could anyone recommend solicitor in Dublin who is proactive enough? (PMs please).
    I am buying an apartment in Dublin, all the work from the seller's side is done waiting just for my solicitor. It's even hard to get in touch, I have to chase him to get even the smallest bit of info. Have a feeling work on our 'case' hasn't even started and it's been a few weeks the contract was delivered to their practice. I am already fed up and considering changing the solicitor. Could anyone recommend someone proactive or at least someone who will make the things moving / inform us about the developments in the case? I would be very grateful.
    Can I be charged for some work from their side though? I haven't received any papers yet, nor the information/opinions on anything.
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Proactive Solicitor - like one that sues people before he tells you he's done it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

melusina wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone recommend solicitor in Dublin who is proactive enough? (PMs please).
    I am buying an apartment in Dublin, all the work from the seller's side is done waiting just for my solicitor. It's even hard to get in touch, I have to chase him to get even the smallest bit of info. Have a feeling work on our 'case' hasn't even started and it's been a few weeks the contract was delivered to their practice. I am already fed up and considering changing the solicitor. Could anyone recommend someone proactive or at least someone who will make the things moving / inform us about the developments in the case? I would be very grateful.
    Can I be charged for some work from their side though? I haven't received any papers yet, nor the information/opinions on anything.
    Thanks a lot.

I would say a few thousand people in Ireland and a few banks are wishing solicitors between 2000 and 2008 actually took time to properly read title, and deal with the purchase of property at a proper pace to protect their client.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melusina

Yeh:-)
    But the thing is that my solicitor has not been reading the contract all those weeks, we were promised 2 days ago they were going to start now and based on my experience it's a false promise again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Tell him what you told us. If he doesn't get the finger out and get cracking within x days you'll be in to collect any and all paperwork and you'll be moving to a new solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melusina

I did already and have also decided I am going to take it somewhere else however, not sure where to go not to experience the same. Any suggestions - anyone who had a good experience with a solicitor when buying/selling property?

• Advertisement
Advertisement