Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what are the chances of Ryanair noticing one letter wrong on name of flight booking

• 31-08-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

what are the chances of Ryanair noticing one letter wrong on name of flight booking?

It's a common mis-spelling of a vowel in my surname....

Flying out in the morning.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You're probably more likely to experience problems at your destination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

You'll have to buy a vowel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

zoobizoo wrote: »
    what are the chances of Ryanair noticing one letter wrong on name of flight booking?

Flying out in the morning.....

Keep smiling, be nice to the person behind the desk, chat to them (distraction!) and oft times they let it pass.
    Its a common mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bring 80 euro ( might be 50) to cover the cost of them doing you a 'favour' correcting it.
    Happened to wife some time back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

We've checked in online and so the only time they'll check will be on the desk as we queue...

Booked by my friend but as I said it's a common enough spelling of the name.

Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Nothing at all possibly.

I travelled on a ticket booked with a mis-spelled name on Ryanair previously; my name is Tadhg and the girl who booked it wrote something like Taghd... wasn't any problem. Flying from Stanstead to Dublin return. My understanding is that some Ryanair airports are typically fussier than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Always do the smiling thing.....

It saved me years ago when I accidentally booked the return flight for the wrong date. Only found out while checking in.

The guy said it was going to cost me UK£220 to fly out that day or £200 the next day. I kept my cool and asked if there was anything that could be done.

Once his supervisor was out of earshot he said "gimme twenty quid and I'll change it for you now". He did.

It was Aer Lingus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

We've checked in online and so the only time they'll check will be on the desk as we queue...

Booked by my friend but as I said it's a common enough spelling of the name.

Here's hoping.

You should be fine as long as you have got your passport number right.

I dont think they could force you to pay a charge for reprints just to correct a very minor typo, chance are noone will notice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I booked tickets for a couple (they hadn't a pc) and put the bloke down as a "Mrs" - yep, stupid me.
    I didn't kop it and either did they till they got to the airport ...and it was with Ryanair.
    Girl behind the desk I was told noticed it, said nothing out loud, pointed it out and changed it.
    Depends on luck, the person behind the desk and maybe if their boss is floating around at the time, occasionally looking over their shoulders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Biggins wrote: »
    I booked tickets for a couple (they hadn't a pc) and put the bloke down as a "Mrs" - yep, stupid me.
    I didn't kop it and either did they till they got to the airport ...and it was with Ryanair.
    Girl behind the desk I was told noticed it, said nothing out loud, pointed it out and changed it.
    Depends on luck, the person behind the desk and maybe if their boss is floating around at the time, occasionally looking over their shoulders.

It would be illegal for them to discriminate on Mr/Mrs due to sexuality and what a person identifies as. My mother flew to Lanzarote this year as a Mr. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

should be fine, they are in such a rush they rarely check properly.

would be interesting to see how it goes though, let us know please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Some friends and I were travelling together and one of the tickets had the wrong surname on it. Turns out the name the guy used was his step dads name and the guy who booked the tickets used that, not the name on the passport.

We discovered this at the airport when we were all handed our boarding passes.

We came up with a plan to hand over all the passes in one group and do the same with the passports

It worked. So we got there and had the name for the return flight changed whilst we were on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

The last time i flew with ryanair i checked in about a week before i flew and only realised the day i was going that id put in the wrong passport number,never got noticed in dublin or gatwick

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

did the mr mrs mistake recently. They cant do anything about that as the previous poster said.

When we were boarding the flight in Shannon the guy taking the boarding pass said he was just checking the expiry date. Based on that I'd say you will be grand.

Other than that its 110 euro to change it. absolute robbery. Cheaper to book a new flight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Is it zaobizoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

OP count yourself lucky its Ryanair your flying with and not BA.

I flew to London with BA last weekend and it was a total nightmare, as BA hates flying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ghandee wrote: »
    OP count yourself lucky its Ryanair your fluting with and not BA.

I flew to London with BA last weekend and it was a total nightmare, as BA hates flying.

:D:D:D

Good edit, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

MadsL wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Good edit, lol

Predictive fcucking text lol! (using Swype on am Android phone):mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Name changes cost money. Name corrections are free. Just call them up. There's another thread over in travel, do a search around if you want confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

I did this twice the first time I rang them up and they said it would be fine. The second time I just chanced it. Both times I had no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Happened to my brother a while back, asked here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056666459

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Where are you flying too? I fly regularly from stansted and as long as your passport is in date you should be ok.

Myself and my housemates have all flown with each others boarding pass and never had any bother, I even know a guy who will always edit his pass to priority before printing and has never had any problems.

Saying that this is just flying with hand luggage and if you have to check a bag it might be a different matter, good luck anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

You'll be fine.
    If in doubt start questioning the guy/girl on desk about the finer details of baggage allowance or some other banal everyday flight related topic, moan a bit and complain. Their mind won't be able to process the two events.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Stinicker wrote: »
    It would be illegal for them to discriminate on Mr/Mrs due to sexuality and what a person identifies as. My mother flew to Lanzarote this year as a Mr

YORE DA!:D

Advertisement