Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket for Electric fire: problem

• 31-08-2012 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at an electric fire heater that fits into a fireplace space. It always works when it is pushed back and plugged into the socket which is, as shown in the photo, hanging loose in that fireplace space.

th_2012-08-31201247.jpg

th_2012-08-31201236.jpg

However, it stopped working recently. I changed the fuse, plugged the fire/heater back in but it doesn't work in that space anymore. I then plugged the fire/heater into another socket a couple of metres away in the same room and it works fine. I've checked the fuse box and there are no switches down. So the problem seems to be with the socket in the inserted photo. Forgive my probable silliness here (my "talents lie elsewhere", apparently!), but not being sure whether fuses were in sockets also, I turned off the mains and opened the offending socket. There was no fuse, or at least none that I could see that was similar to the 13A fuse which was in the electric fire's plug.

Would anybody know what the problem would likely be here? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

is there a switch somewhere close by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

meercat wrote: »
    is there a switch somewhere close by

Jesus, Mary and Joseph: I'm thick as a plank. There was a switch stuck behind the settee a metre or so away, which I had never seen before. Forget I started this thread. Mea culpa.

Thank you, meercat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Seanchai wrote: »
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph: I'm thick as a plank. There was a switch stuck behind the settee a metre or so away, which I had never seen before. Forget I started this thread. Mea culpa.

Thank you, meercat.

Happy-days.jpg

Advertisement