Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A sign of things to come?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Fizzical

I actually took that as bad news! In that the school has to be 2 A posts below the previous number that was already a cut in posts before 1 appointment can be made.

The number of A posts in schools is determined by last years circular :"The limited alleviation is focused on those schools that are acutely affected at
    Assistant Principal level by the impact of the moratorium."

Now you have to be 2 below this level to appoint someone - so a reduction of 1 on this "limited alleviation".

I'd say the pressure is on from the management side since the unions have told teachers to accept posts but not to do the work involved until payment is forthcoming. I don't think it's a sign of anything much to be honest. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Fizzical wrote: »
    I actually took that as bad news! In that the school has to be 2 A posts below the previous number that was already a cut in posts before 1 appointment can be made.

The number of A posts in schools is determined by last years circular :"The limited alleviation is focused on those schools that are acutely affected at
    Assistant Principal level by the impact of the moratorium."

Now you have to be 2 below this level to appoint someone - so a reduction of 1 on this "limited alleviation".

I'd say the pressure is on from the management side since the unions have told teachers to accept posts but not to do the work involved until payment is forthcoming. I don't think it's a sign of anything much to be honest. Sorry!

We I think it's good but I have a vested interest. I think it could be a good sign that the qualification allowance could be reinstated.

The negativity here is unreal. Surely if you are down two posts one is better than none.

We all know how dire it is but at least in schools where there is savage pressure there will be some relief.

The review is due to be completed shortly too I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Fizzical

Are you next on the list? :P

It's hardly being negative to see a reduction as a loss rather than a gain.

I hope the review comes out soon and takes away the uncertainty. The trouble is that back pay will be needed for the allowances that are restored. I wonder will they leave it till the budget?

Advertisement