Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Computer Repair Shop - Cork City

Options
  • 31-08-2012 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of help...

Need to get the screen replaced on my laptop. There's the Fone place on Patrick's Quay, but my husband had a bad experience with them, so don't really want to go there if I can help it.

I know there's another place behind the Mercy, but that's closed for refurbishment it seems.

Anywhere else that's halfway decent and able to help??

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Digilog Washington St are decent I heard.
    Stay away from Cork Computer Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Magicomp Service, Unit D6A, Southlink Business Park,Kinsale Road,Ballycurreen, Cork. http://www.magicomp.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

I've been going to PC services for the past year or 2 and have found them excellent they're just off Washington st. On woods street

Best thing about them is they do a free estimate before they go ahead with anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I can very highly reccomend this guy

itek Computers
    085 2300032
    http://www.itek.ie/contact.html

brought my laptop to him last year cause screen wasnt working .
    Before ordering a replacement he took apart the laptop and found the cable from the screen to motherboard had a fault and saved me over €100 easily.

He knows his stuff and price wise is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

google Magicomp he is very good and knows his stuff and is very reasonable price wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Webworkhouse on Winthrop St. do computer repairs. Nice and central and extremely knowledgeable staff.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nancy7711

If I were you, I would look for another computer repair shop. After spending over €200 there and had plans of spending almost €400 more on another laptop, I expected to have a tablet cover that I bought there to be replaced... it wasn't even two weeks old and was defective. They refused. So, sadly for them, they have lost my business forever. How cheap is that? The cover at most could only cost them €5 wholesale... was it worth losing my business? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

PC Services just off Washington Street I have always found to be good.

Advertisement