Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bags for storing potatoes/storage options

Options
  • 31-08-2012 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for some bags to store potatoes in. I saw some hessian ones on Ebay but they are in Scotland, and I would prefer to get something in Ireland.

Or is there a better/best way to store potatoes? I don't think we'll be too long going through them but it will be good practice for storing larger amounts in the future.

Many thanks.

Edit, I have just seen some bags on the Mr Middleton website.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hello,

I am looking for some bags to store potatoes in. I saw some hessian ones on Ebay but they are in Scotland, and I would prefer to get something in Ireland.

Or is there a better/best way to store potatoes? I don't think we'll be too long going through them but it will be good practice for storing larger amounts in the future.

Many thanks.

Edit, I have just seen some bags on the Mr Middleton website.

"Barney Rubble Sacks" from any builders providers.:)

Heiton Buckley and Chadwicks have tons of them.

5 euro for 5 large hessian sacks.

They are brand new/Unused hessian bags that are used for packing coal and also in the building industry for removing site waste..

PS--Over 10 euro for 5 of them in Mr Middleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

Hi op,

I wouldn't bother with sacks, I store mine in 2 old metal water tanks with a bag or 2 on top, you don't want them to sweat or dry out. They keep fine until June & I just de-stalk them once.
    The year of the bad frost some were damaged.
    Put down a few blue sweets for mr Rat
    A

Advertisement