Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft Beer Appreciation Society for DIT

Options
  • 31-08-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey guys, to mark Irish Craft Beer week next week I'm hoping to set up a craft beer appreciation society for this coming year. I'm involved with the Irish Craft Beer Festival which will be held in the RDS from the 7th - 9th and am confident I can conjure up some great events for students this year. If your interested drop me a mail with your name and email address to johnquig@gmail.com and I'll be in touch. I need to submit 17 names before I can approach the societys office.

John
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Sent you a mail there

Great post!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Ya can stick my name down for it too :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Email sent, what a good idea. Will DIT be okay with a society based around appreciation of an alcoholic drink though? I hear they're iffy about that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

Great idea i just sent you a mail there!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jonno80

I called the socs office and yes they're not keen on a society that promotes an immature approach to alcohol but if this is a genuine interest and something that becomes informative and cultural well then I get the impression there should be no problem. If this goes ahead ill make plans on organising craft beer and food pairing evenings, visits to some of the craft brewers and offer a chance to get involved with some promotional work on behalf of the micro brewers. So I figure they'll (DIT) will get that this is not about trying to get subsidised piss ups.
    For everyone whos mailed me already i have noted ur email addresses and I will be in touch!
    Ps make sure to check out www.irishcraftbeerfestival.com (next wknd!)

• Advertisement

Where abouts are you going to be based in DIT?

Kevin St

Should get on to Against the Grain if you haven't already... They could probably set up some events for ya like the ones you were suggesting! :-D

Absolutely. Haven't got on to anyone yet as I wanted to see what the uptake wud be first but it's looking good so far so I'll have a chat with some of the brewers, publicans at the beer festival nxt wknd and see what they cud do

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Jonno80 wrote: »
    and offer a chance to get involved with some promotional work on behalf of the micro brewers. So I figure they'll (DIT) will get that this is not about trying to get subsidised piss ups.

Ps make sure to check out www.irishcraftbeerfestival.com (next wknd!)

Danger! Danger! :pac:

While I think this is a great idea, I'd play down any commercial aspects. If this comes across as a clever way to market Irish craft beer then you're going to find yourself with a lot of complications.

• Advertisement

Danger! Danger! :pac:

While I think this is a great idea, I'd play down any commercial aspects. If this comes across as a clever way to market Irish craft beer then you're going to find yourself with a lot of complications.[/Quote]

Good point cheers!

Advertisement