Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugo Lloris - Our new No.1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lloris denies Spurs unrest talk
    Hugo Lloris insists that Andre Villas-Boas did want to bring him to Tottenham and has rubbished claims of any unrest between the pair.

Disproves all the ****e that has been spouted by the rags since he signed.

Link to full article: http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8157950/Lloris-Denies-Unrest...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Never in doubt ;)

Top performance and just saved a Peno v Spain (Fabregas)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only saw a few minutes of it, but he did look good. He's bloody quick to come out for balls (a very good thing), and i'm looking forward to seeing him getting more game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Kiith wrote: »
    Only saw a few minutes of it, but he did look good. He's bloody quick to come out for balls (a very good thing), and i'm looking forward to seeing him getting more game time.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

This fella is very impatient

"He told Stade 2: "I have respect for all the people in the club, but things are clear, I'm not here to live this situation any longer.""

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/lloris-growing-tired-of-life-on-tottenham-bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

6 clean-sheets in 13 premier league games for us. He's not doing too badly... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

6 clean-sheets in 13 premier league games for us. He's not doing too badly... :D

Very impressive as expected ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

This guy....

I know I'm only 24 and therefore a very young Spurs supporter but I can leapfrog off my dads comments (Spurs supporter for 45 years) when saying that I/He cannot recall a time in the past where confidence could be felt when looking at the team sheet and seeing the goalkeepers name.

We've got an absolute gem here and no wonder Lyon were so pissed with the whole deal.

The way in which AVB bedded him into the club showed Lloris that the manager takes no nonsense and that nobody has the divine right to be on the teamsheet every game and that respect should be shown to people like Friedel who Lloris can only become better being around. This mentality I honestly believe is why Lloris has been performing incredibly (I don't use that lightly) for us. We really and truly have come on a lot being able to attract someone like Lloris to the club. He's our Cech. Just hope he'll stay with us and perform like his debut season for the next 14 years.

The way in which he deals with interviews is formidable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

i said before he came to spurs, i reckon hes the best overall keeper in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

kevthegaff wrote: »
    i said before he came to spurs, i reckon hes the best overall keeper in the world

I rated him hugely aswell but he did have issues dealing with crosses. I haven't seen that at all since he joined. Not sure if Tony Parks has been working on that with him or not.

Great article on Hugo here, unlikely to be player of the year but he's been a great buy! http://www.just-football.com/2013/03/hugo-lloris-spurs-signing-of-the-season/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Just-football+%28Just-Football%29

For me he has to play on Thursday but I don't think AVB will change his stance!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Great article on Hugo here, unlikely to be player of the year but he's been a great buy! http://www.just-football.com/2013/03/hugo-lloris-spurs-signing-of-the-season/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Just-football+%28Just-Football%29

For me he has to play on Thursday but I don't think AVB will change his stance!

Agreed, he has not put a foot wrong since he got here. It will be interesting to see how he copes when he does eventually make a mistake and comes under media scrutiny as every top keeper does as some stage in their career, some bounce back better players some don't.

The situation re: Thursday night is a difficult one alright. You have to admire AVB for letting Brad play the EL games and for AVB for sticking to his word. Good man management etc. however, if we are serious about winning this competition then Lloris has to play in sooner or later.

Advertisement