Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any one tell me where on this website i could talk about fertilization

Options
  • 31-08-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I need to know HOW much would cost to pay for "male and female material" donation here in Ireland. I am after cancer now. I know that many children are just born sick, handicapped. I thought what is the gift of life then if they have to struggle for the rest of their life with infinite problems.
    There are many parents that have their children healthy.
    So if anybody please could help me and tell me. How much it could cost in Your opinion to pay for this things donation to some people who have healthy children so that they would agree. I mean that it would be a reasonable price.
    And how actually talk about such intention to any parents - and ask if they would agree for that, I will never be able to have my biological children so for my self it is the only solution. Moreover I want my children to be healthy.
    Could you please give me any advice.
    Thank You very much.
    Best Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

Its a bit difficult to understand what your asking about. If I've read it correctly, you have suffered from Cancer and cant conceive? And your looking for a healthy egg and sperm donor to presumably carry the feotus yourself? I think your best bet would be to speak to a doctor as your specific medical circumstances are going to determine whats actually possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mail2adobe1

First of all i thank you for your replay
    I am 36 years old man. I cannot become biological father. I also thought/ i am afraid now of if my children that i could have with my wife would be healthy? So maybe getting not only man's material but also from woman who already have children who are healthy - would guarantee that our child/children would be also healthy.
    How do you think isn't that good solution? If yes - then how to do it? If no - what is better?
    Thank You for Your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

So maybe getting not only man's material but also from woman who already have children who are healthy - would guarantee that our child/children would be also healthy.

I don't think there's any way to guarantee that. Things can go wrong during a pregnancy, regardless of how healthy either parent is.

Speaking to a doctor is the best way forward. They can explain your options and advise you on them.

i rather think that for example such conditions like syndrome are very popular in Ireland.
    I believe that when people have already lets say 8 or 10 children and all of them are healthy
    then the next one would also be healthy. But that is OK.
    Thank You for helping me.
    Good Night All,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There are a lot of legal issues with surrogacy in Ireland at the moment. Have a look at this article.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/parenting/exploring-surrogacy-the-legal-situation-in-ireland-3072802.html

• Advertisement

OK thank You very much

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

As far as I know, egg donation is not offered in Ireland by clinics. Friends who have had to use donor eggs have had to travel to countries in Europe for their treatment. Not sure about sperm donation, maybe someone who has experience of male factor infertilty can answer that one.

You cannot guarantee that having had 8/10 children that the next would be healthy. It does not work like that- genetics are not that simple. Plenty of conditions cannot be genetically predicted, and plenty more children can get sick with non-genetic conditions.

Even if you did find that woman and she agreed to bear a child using her eggs, you would only have 50% of the genetics unless the father of all those children also fathered the one you want. That, then is not surrogacy, but adoption and a different legal area?

Thank You very much

Advertisement