Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting new phone from insurance

• 01-09-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hi
    friend was jus tellin me he lost his iphone last night while on a night out..
    phone is off all day when he tryed ringin it , either dead or was turned off.
    he has lifeline insurance on it as it was a bill phone..
    he's going back to the shop tomorrow where he got it to claim a new one through the insurance , was jus wondering whats involved and how long does it take ??

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Get a claim form
    Go to a garda station to get it stamped proving he did in fact lose it.
    Send the form away.
    Wait for the claim to be accessed.
    Get a phone call about the replacement phone being sent out.
    Also, he'd have to pay an excess charge of €65 (for o2 anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

excess is 40 quid, but do everything Mini said within 24 hours of the loss or they wont honour the claim. you must also block the phone with your network too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

NIALL D wrote: »
    hi
    friend was jus tellin me he lost his iphone last night while on a night out..
    phone is off all day when he tryed ringin it , either dead or was turned off.
    he has lifeline insurance on it as it was a bill phone..
    he's going back to the shop tomorrow where he got it to claim a new one through the insurance , was jus wondering whats involved and how long does it take ??

cheers

tell your friend to read there terms and cons before he claims. they are very bad at getting out of covering you for loss or theft.my friend had her bad stolen in a night club and they would not cover the theft because she was not mugged or attacked.she was then handed a copy of there terms and it was there in black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

massy086 wrote: »
    tell your friend to read there terms and cons before he claims. they are very bad at getting out of covering you for loss or theft.my friend had her bad stolen in a night club and they would not cover the theft because she was not mugged or attacked.she was then handed a copy of there terms and it was there in black and white

no prob , will tell him that.
    but if a phone is lost and you have insurance , surely they will replace it , thats the whole idea of insurance right ??

cheers ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

A lot of insurance companies will only cover theft if the owner is threatened with violence or if physically attacked.
    ie. They don't cover pick pockets, phone being snatched from a table, etc.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/Lifeline-Insurance-Policy-Details/497
    * Lifeline Digital does not cover loss, however the same theft procedure applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

* Lifeline Digital does not cover loss, however the same theft procedure applies.

Thats for Laptops.

Lifeline for phones does not cover "unattended theft"

Like i said earlier, get it reported to the gardai, and the network within 24 hours of it happening, or else you cant claim*

*I read my fine print.

Advertisement