Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE CLOSEST RANGE TO DUBLIN

Options
  • 01-09-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I would like to point out to all shooters that the BRC shooting club is the closest shooting club at 14 kilometres from O Connell Bridge in Dublin city centre and we cater for all calibres contrary to what people continue to say on boards.

yes I for one would like there to be a sticky here to allow all ranges to put up there facilities and what they offer and what they cost and the pros and cons of their clubs it finally would help shooters to decide where they would like to shoot rather than being told where they should join.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

syconerd wrote: »
    I would like to point out to all shooters that the BRC shooting club is the closest shooting club at 14 kilometres from O Connell Bridge in Dublin city centre

Hm.
    DURC is 600m from O'Connell Bridge.
    UCDRC is 6km from O'Connell Bridge.
    Granted, they're for students, staff and alumni only, but if your point is to be accurate...
    and we cater for all calibres contrary to what people continue to say on boards.
    I've obviously missed something because I can't find anyone talking BRC down on here. I can find lots of people recommending BRC, giving contact details for it and promoting it - don't take my word for it, just search for BRC in this forum - but I don't see anyone saying bad things about the club.
    Who told you we were?
    yes I for one would like there to be a sticky here to allow all ranges to put up there facilities and what they offer and what they cost and the pros and cons of their clubs it finally would help shooters to decide where they would like to shoot rather than being told where they should join.
    I don't see too much of that either. Usually someone says where they are and what they'd like to do and people tell them what's closest. We did have a wiki page of clubs, but the machine it was on had a bit of a nervous collapse I'm afraid. I've no objection to a sticky in Target Shooting listing off clubs, it'd be kindof neat, especially if we put in photos and things and generally told people what was going on in the clubs. Hell, start a sticky with basic contact details, a thread for each club to post news and link from the sticky to the club threads, it'd be grand if the clubs would do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sparks wrote: »

I don't see too much of that either. Usually someone says where they are and what they'd like to do and people tell them what's closest. We did have a wiki page of clubs, but the machine it was on had a bit of a nervous collapse I'm afraid. I've no objection to a sticky in Target Shooting listing off clubs, it'd be kindof neat, especially if we put in photos and things and generally told people what was going on in the clubs. Hell, start a sticky with basic contact details, a thread for each club to post news and link from the sticky to the club threads, it'd be grand if the clubs would do that.

There was a thread about 1-2 months ago where people listed the facilities of a few clubs..I suggested the idea to Ezridax at the time but the thread died..can't remember if it was in the main or target shooting forum.

Found it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056663119

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Blay wrote: »
    There was a thread about 1-2 months ago where people listed the facilities of a few clubs..I suggested the idea to Ezridax at the time but the thread died...
    I remember the thread, and had a read back through it there now. You posted at the time;
    Blay wrote:
    This should be a range information thread
    And i responded with:
    Ezridax wrote:
    Not a bad thought. See what responses this thread gets then see if it makes sense to sticky it.
    It turned into me "defending" the midlands. Some information was provided by two or three others on ranges, and fees. However out of 23-25 ranges there was an opportunity to get some good info together. It never materialised.

I'm all for the idea of a sticky for range information provided people will take part. So that should answer this part;
    Syconerd wrote:
    As for this;
    Syconerd wrote:
    ....................... we cater for all calibres contrary to what people continue to say on boards.
    As said above i've not heard anything about BRC, let alone negative info.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

I would like to point out to all shooters that the BRC shooting club is the closest shooting club at 14 kilometres from O Connell Bridge in Dublin city centre and we cater for all calibres contrary to what people continue to say on boards.

Been up to BRC to collect some bino's from Syconerd ,have to say nice range and very handy for lads that live in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I didn't know you could shoot centrefire rifle in ballinteer , great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Where is DURC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭moby30

Can this range be used for just Zeroing in or do you have to pay full membership? If so whats the membership fees and terms? I ask as a lot of people I know would use such a facility particulary because of its handy location, but may not necessarily be interested in full membership.Not even sure of the legalities of it hence the questions?
    Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

cw67irl wrote: »
    Where is DURC?

It's in Trinity College, in the lane behind the civil engineering building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Is it just for trinity students? Im assuming its just for air rifles/ pistols?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

cw67irl wrote: »
    Is it just for trinity students? Im assuming its just for air rifles/ pistols?

Current and past students or members of staff only, I'm afraid.

There's a 25yard range which is used for prone .22 rifle on some nights and on other nights air rifle is shot standing from the 10m line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

I'm lead to believe that BRC is a members only affair and not available for zeroing etc. which as a hunter only, rules it out for me as an option as I only need a range to zero etc.

Advertisement