Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carry Fail

• 01-09-2012 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭

If you have 55 credits in second year can you progress to third year with a carry fail?

Is there any exceptions to that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RachelLeanne

You can :) Ill be doing the same Id say :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Yeah I can only get 55 credits max. Didn't even attempt my Economics exam :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RachelLeanne

Ooh i got off lucky this year, escaped economics! I think you can def go into 3rd year though as long as its not 1st year economics you're still failing!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭ng1

Ooh i got off lucky this year, escaped economics! I think you can def go into 3rd year though as long as its not 1st year economics you're still failing!:P

Yes. You can progress to 3rd year of a course provided you have passed all your 1st year modules and have at least 55 credits from 2nd year:

www.cit.ie/contentfiles/MarksStandards Feb 2012.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Hey lads

Finished first year now, will be heading into 2nd, part of my course was work placement which counts as a 2nd year module rather than a first. I didn't do my placement for personal reasons so that's 5 credits gone. If I pass all my first year exams, and fail that one in second, will I still be able to finish my degree as a carry fail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

So let me get this Right,

You want to get your Cert without Doing your Work Placement ?

A carry Fail means that you Carry that fail into the Next Term which Means in August of Second Year you will have to Repeat, Since this is a Full 100% Class Work you will have to repeat this Module in Sept or in Jan when Every that Module comes around to get your 5 credits once you get them you then will have your cert

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MVG

sorry for bumping this thread but can i carry fail into third year of business if i fail my one of my repeats in 2nd year??or would i have to repeat the whole year and do just one module??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

MVG wrote: »
    sorry for bumping this thread but can i carry fail into third year of business if i fail my one of my repeats in 2nd year?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MVG

even though the course im doing now is a higher certificate and it splits into marketing,management or accounting??does that make a difference??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

MVG wrote: »
    even though the course im doing now is a higher certificate and it splits into marketing,management or accounting??does that make a difference??

I'm not sure on that, talk to your course coordinator/head of dept. The deadline for to register for €50 repeats is July 1st anyway. They're in mid august I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement