Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We have the fastest Paralympian on the Planet

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Whats better than winning a gold medal in the paralympics?
    Not being retarded

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Grimebox wrote: »
    Not being retarded

That's the special olympics you are thinking about. Who's the retard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

Its not exactly an achievement though is it? He's blind, its not like he only has one leg. I watched the 100m final in the Olympics to see the fastest man ever, this guy has all the same muscles etc needed to run the 100m, yet his time couldn't qualify him for the real Olympics.

He missed out by a fraction of a second. What qualifies as achievement in your book?

That's the special olympics you are thinking about. Who's the retard now.

I actually didn't know there was difference till now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

RubyRoss wrote: »
    He missed out by a fraction of a second. What qualifies as achievement in your book?

The draw of the olympics is that you are seeing the best in the world. These people are not the best in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Grimebox wrote: »
    Not being retarded

Lovely:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The draw of the olympics is that you are seeing the best in the world. These people are not the best in the world.

Some are the best, some aren't. There were guys in the Olympics running a lot slower than Jason. He also had the 'B' standard, but our great and glorious national olympic committee saw fit not to send him.

To put Jason in context, he's Ireland's second fastest man ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Some are the best, some aren't. There were guys in the Olympics running a lot slower than Jason. He also had the 'B' standard, but our great and glorious national olympic committee saw fit not to send him.

To put Jason in context, he's Ireland's second fastest man ever.

None of them are the best, none of them will break any proper world records. Ireland have no proper, world class 100m men. So in context, being 2nd fastest means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

None of them are the best, none of them will break any proper world records. Ireland have no proper, world class 100m men. So in context, being 2nd fastest means nothing.

To be fair, very few people break world records. That isn't the measure of world class. And maybe being second fastest Irishman of all-time means nothing to you but it means a lot to everyone who has anything to do with athletics in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mod:

Grimebox don't post in this thread again.

Infracted.

Ok

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

hehe.

banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I've already been through this petty sh1te with clowns from the last thread. I've competed in cross country and middle distance track, I'm not an arm chair observer. I never bloody questioned Jason Smyths ability anywhere I just pointed out that he would be better served dropping the paras and trying to run for the real team full time. Whether that be GB or Ireland considering he's a Derry boy.

Why does he have to drop the paralympics? He runs in able bodied races too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I wonder is he faster than Paul Hession, could well be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭wintersolstice

al28283 wrote: »
    It gets a little hard to be proud of Irish people when our media claims pretty much everyone who has an Irish great grandfather or someone who visited Ireland in 1962 as Irish and take credit for everything they've done. It just gets sad.
    I cant get excited about the paralympic team because most of them seem to be from the north and as far as i am concerned they should be competing for the uk.surely we have enough proper southern irish to make up the team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement