Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming advice

Options
  • 01-09-2012 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

It's been a few years since I played games and Im looking to get back in the game
    Can you guys recommend some guys that would run on my system

I have an iMac 4 GB Ram NVIDIA 9400M + I have windows on bootcamp and dusted of the old Medal of Honor Allied Assault and that runs perfectly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

T-K-O wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

It's been a few years since I played games and Im looking to get back in the game
    Can you guys recommend some guys that would run on my system

I have an iMac 4 GB Ram NVIDIA 9400M + I have windows on bootcamp and dusted of the old Medal of Honor Allied Assault and that runs perfectly.

If you want to get into gaming, you won't be able to use a mac :p.

Anyway, the graphics card you have is very week, and I can't imagine it being able to do more than HL2 or something along those lines.

Look for older games that came out a good few years ago, trawl through steam for a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

The plan is to ease myself back in with some older titles... cheers for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It depends on the type of games you're looking to play, naturally. Allied Assault is positively ancient, and would run excellently even on the cheapest netbook available.

In terms of what you can play - almost everything up to circa 2011 if you don't mind dialing settings back, but in terms of what you can play at decent visual levels, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, and the like from the 2007-2008 era would run quite well.

Terror, thanks for that. I guess I will focus on the games from 2007/8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

If you're a fan of strategy games, then i can heartily reccomend Rome: Total War.

Been gaming since i was 4 years old, and i can tell you hand on heart, that that is the best i have ever played. I keep going back to it time and time again, and i think it would run on your system.

• Advertisement

CruelCoin wrote: »
    If you're a fan of strategy games, then i can heartily reccomend Rome: Total War.

Been gaming since i was 4 years old, and i can tell you hand on heart, that that is the best i have ever played. I keep going back to it time and time again, and i think it would run on your system.

I've heard a lot about that game. Im gonna try pick it up today...thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

CruelCoin wrote: »

Possibly the best game ever, have it installed right now :D. Gotta love the mods though.

Advertisement