Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MrQ's log

Options
  • 01-09-2012 6:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

Big admirer of this forum and have been following for a long time. Finally decided to take the plunge and give a log ago! I'm sure it'll all end in tears very fast but sure why not?

Gonna start with my present balance of 58.19 and see how we get on (not well I'd imagine!)

First bet is 33.19 on Northland +16 in the ITM Cup this morning at 10/11.

I think the handicap is a bit generous to be honest, Northland were quite impressive in their first game while I think the handicap is so large based on reputations rather than form which can often lead to an edge. Well here's hoping anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MrQ

MrQ wrote: »

First bet is 33.19 on Northland +16 in the ITM Cup this morning at 10/11.

Finished up with Northland winning 29-27 which was a big surprise but obviously well covered the handicap so happy days.

New balance is 88.37

Second bet this morning is along the same lines. Tasman were awful last season but look a lot better this year and had a fantastic win last week against Canterbury. Tirinaki should win but these games tend to be quite close so I like the handicap on offer.

38.37 on Tasman +14 at 10/11

38.37 on Tasman +14 at 10/11

Came in but was close enough.

New balance is 123.25

Third bet is 73. 25 on over 2.5 goals in the West Ham - Fulham game at 19/20

Third bet is 73. 25 on over 2.5 goals in the West Ham - Fulham game at 19/20

Came in early but wasn't that comfy.

New balance is 192.84

92.84 on Tottenham -1 at 20/21

Bad loss. I shouldn't do this after a few drinks but anyway...

100 on under 3.5 goals in the City QPR game at 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Bankroll management is just as important as picking winners. You cant win without both.

For your next run try max 10% stakes and that is being very aggressive.

The best handicappers in the world regularly have losing streaks of 5+ bets in every group of 50 bets for example. Betting that high of a percentage will always lead to going bust. It took me 2 years of betting regularly before I finally accepted that and thing improved massively.

Also drink and betting are a bad mixture but we all like to have a bet, the trick is to be such a tiny amount when your on the sauce that you dont care if it loses so your boozed up ego doesnt want to get your money back on whatever match is starting next.

i use boyles just for those times i want to make a stupid bet for interest because i keep a small amount of money there and i know after one sip of booze to never log into the betfair or bet365 accounts.

good luck.

• Advertisement

Many thanks for your advice OTC, much appreciated.

I took a few days off to reflect on what was a couple of very poor, alcohol related, decisions. It’s a mistake I’ve made all too often in the past as well and one I’m determined to avoid in the future. I can understand the logic behind only having a small wager when involved but I’ve decided to avoid betting completely in these circumstances. Well hopefully!

A bit of thinking to be done before the next bet but just wanted to say thanks for your comment again OTC.

New Balance: - 58.19

I quite like the look of Russia under-21's to beat the handicap against Poland. They won in Poland 2-0 and are looking to top the group today.

20 on Russia -1 at 5/4

Literally the second after I put the bet on Poland score...

I quite like the look of Russia under-21's to beat the handicap against Poland. They won in Poland 2-0 and are looking to top the group today.

20 on Russia -1 at 5/4

Was close untill Poland got a man sent off and finished 4-1 to Russia in the end.

In the tennis, I like the look of Tipsarovic +4.5 against Ferrer.

25 on Tipsarovic +4.5 at evens

20 on Scotland u 21's -3 at 6/5

• Advertisement

22 on Hawkes Bay +9 at 10/11

28 on Bay of Plenty -2 at 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

What is Bay of Plenty?

What is Bay of Plenty?

They're a New Zealand rugby side.

Poor enough morning so far.

25 on Collingwood +38.5 at 5/6 in the AFL

12.83 on Ireland -1 at 21/10
    33 on Ireland at 8/11

40 on Belgium at 3/4
    17 on Belgium at 3/4 and England -1 at 5/6 double

Really like the look of NZ on the handicap this morning even if it's slightly large. Cruden is no loss on Carter on current form in my book and the other changes are equally as impressive. The big danger is the weather but hopefully it won't hinder them too much.

74.54 on New Zealand -25 at 10/11

Advertisement