Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Here! Very Curious about Ireland! :D

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheWreck

Townes, Guy Clark, Steve Earle, 3 of my favourite musicians, all Texan.
    Not forgetting ZZ TOP.
    I have been in Dallas in the 90,s.
    Things that stuck in my memory
    1 . State is made up of wet and dry zones where it can be a 10mile journey to get a beer after 11.00 if you are in the wrong zone.
    2. went in MAY and it was hot . Supposed to go for a pool party on top of the Fairmont, ended up changing into a hurricane party in an Irish bar.
    3.Getting taken out of our taxi by armed cops because the driver had outstanding warrents.
    4. Went to rodeo in Mesquite ? Oldest rodeo in Texas- great 4 hour show - but no beer for sale......
    5. Loved the accents, the people in general ( although there never seem to be anyone between 50 and 70- plastic surgery in abundence) and the fact that they were Texans first and Americans second
    6. Ended up hiring limos to get around as there was 8 of us and it was cheaper than 2 taxis.
    7. Food , by and large, was pretty poor compared to our own.
    I have been to many more states but really enjoyed Dallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

jobs in jepordy sounds like a good place to live

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

token101 wrote: »
    Forget Dublin and come to Cork. Few Dutchies in the gaff, bit of the Slate/Crane Lane and I'll take you to Abrakebabra afterwards for some taco fries.

Cork is the perfect place for a Texan, Sure Cork is like the Texas of Ireland. Wishes it was an independent country, thinks it should be capital if it has to be part of Ireland and regardless, everyone who is not from Cork is a langer. :P

That said, Cork is a brilliant county and lovely city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheWreck

You forgot to mention that Cork is also full of cowboys....
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

TheWreck wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that Cork is also full of cowboys....
    :)
    Come to wicklow... the most beautiful of all the counties..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

And I think that is enough of that. This thread has gone way beyond being relevant to the forum, there's been way too much dickishness also.

OP - Google would be the best place for you to find out more about Dublin tbh.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement