Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slightly different Dublin bar suggestions

Options
  • 01-09-2012 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on heading out tonight but would like to try somewhere slightly different to the norm.

To that perhaps you could suggest some slightly more relaxed locations than flannerys/ the barge etc....

I was thinking along the lines of the Dylan etc...

I'm looking for a modern bar that will be busy but not absolutely packed. I was thinking about Cafe en Seine But it's usually packed!

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

The IFI Is nice
    Upstairs at the Westbury piano bar
    Hogans
    Peters pub..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Against the Grain and L Mulligans Grocer are 2 bars you should try if you like beer. Both are pretty good for food and have a huge selection of craft beers and spirits. The bull & castle is worth a look as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

And would the Dylan/Westbury/Morrisons be busy but not packed tonight?

The last thing I want to do is end up somewhere that's totally dead!

The ifi as in the Irish Film Institute? That's interesting option.

I'm looking for somewhere quite modern, where we can get reasonably well dressed up.... Well the person I'm going with can anyway! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Shane732 wrote: »
    And would the Dylan/Westbury/Morrisons be busy but not packed tonight?

The last thing I want to do is end up somewhere that's totally dead!

The ifi as in the Irish Film Institute? That's interesting option.

I'm looking for somewhere quite modern, where we can get reasonably well dressed up.... Well the person I'm going with can anyway! :D:D

The exchequer, rush, grand central, lotts, morrison bar, o bar at the raddison, mint bar at the westin, octogan at the clarence, fitzwillam hotel and the shelbourne bar, all busy classy but not packed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Against The Grain: modern, was busy but not packed last night (a couple of seats available around 9).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The mArket bAr, Hogans, no name bar upstairs over L'Geueleton all on Fade Street so at least not far between them if you want to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Cheers, will have a look at the ones mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Marcusm wrote: »
    The mArket bAr, Hogans, no name bar upstairs over L'Geueleton all on Fade Street so at least not far between them if you want to change.

+1 for the Market Bar and the No Name Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Where did you end up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Mint Bar in the Westin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bull and Castle in christchurch is worth a look too.

Advertisement