Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich @ The Lane - September 1st

Options
  • 01-09-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

As the dust settles on yesterday's roller coaster transfer window AVB goes in search of his first win against Norwich at home....

Probable team (assuming none of yesterday's signings can play and too early for Dembele):

Friedel
    Walker-Vertz-Gallas-BAE
    Livermore-Sigi-Sandro
    Lennon-Defoe-Bale

Personally I'd throw Caulker in instead of Gallas. Also I think there's question marks over Adebayors fitness so likely Defoe will start...

3-1 to Tottenham (Sigi and Defoe x 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd say Dembele will make an appearance in the second half to shake things up in midfield. It's a pity we have to start a home game with two defensive centre midfielders, but that will change soon!

2-0 win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Brad,Walker, Benny, Daws, Vert,Sandro, Sig, Lennon, Bale, Defoe , Ade.

We are at home, let's go for it, defoe to drop a little deeper even though Ade does that a lot anyway, the 2 of them could cause all sorts of problems for Norwichs defence. No doubt, many raised eyebrows when you saw Daws, but he was given the clubs captaincy, and is part of the squad now, so I'd throw him in and get him Involved and settled again.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

brad

walker
    dawson
    verts
    ekotto

sandro -- livermore----dembele

lennon----ade
    bale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Friedel
    Walker-Vertz-Gallas-BAE
    Livermore-Sigi-Sandro
    Lennon-Defoe-Bale

I should've been a coach:D

:D whats the bench ? Dembele or Ade on it ?

• Advertisement

23 Cudicini
    16 Naughton
    33 Caulker
    06 Huddlestone
    31 Townsend
    10 Adebayor
    19 Dembele

strong bench

put dempsey and brad / lloris on it and its very strong

disappointed that daws cant even make the bench though

any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

mickman wrote: »
    any links?

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=168539&part=sports

I'm watching the bloodzeed one on VLC. It's a very good stream.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We've been awful so far. Really slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Its the commentary game on today fm if anyones in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Friedel
    Walker-Vertz-Gallas-BAE
    Livermore-Sigi-Sandro
    Lennon-Defoe-Bale

Mind reader maybe but not a coach after picking that team. Dembele should have started as should ade. This is awful tripe. We're gonna get done today, that or bloody lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We're very poor so far to say the least.

This is as bad as i've seen us play in a long time. Awful, awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

There doesnt seem to be a huge amount of urgency at all. Everyone seems to be expecting someone else to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

FOr the last 5 mins of the half just get the ball to bale and lennon and bloody run the full backs. At least get the crowd involved

Kiith wrote: »
    This is as bad as i've seen us play in a long time. Awful, awful stuff.

I don't care how long a team needs to gel, trying to play well and it doesn't come off is one thing but we're looking worse and worse every week under this buffoon.

Roll on Xmas, this guys finished in England and you can quote me on that. He hasn't got a fcuking clue. I can't believe we've takin apart a team that missed out on 3rd by one point last season for this muck. They have know idea of their respective jobs again. He's off loaded good players already, the rest of the good ones will leave of their own accord with this clown in the dressing room.

this is laugh out loud stuff, it really is

merson was saying today that spurs will be wide open - he was dead right

Couldnt disagree with you more Saab.

Your ready to write him off after 2 1/2 games? give him a break

I now have to go out to visit friends. Thank god is all I can say. Wonder who'll be managing us in 2013 cause it won't be this boot cleaning ego.

I still don't think this is AVB's fault. He could be a tactical genius, but if the players keep playing as they are today, we've no hope. They are strolling around without a clue, failing to do the most basic things that they should be doing. The simplest passes are going wide of the mark, and there's no movement.

Dembele and Ade for Sandro and Defoe in the 2nd half will hopefully improve us.

Also, Bale....STAY ON THE ****ING WING!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

I don't see the point in Livermore and Sandro, it's two men doing a one man job...

There is nobody looking to get on the ball and recycle it. At one stage Bale and BAE both on the wing looking to work a triangle but Livermore was moving away from them...

Get Dembele and Ade on quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Replacing Modric with Dembelé might have necessary, but replacing Van Der Vaart with Sigi looks like a criminal decision. He's trying to play like his old Porto team (again) but doesn't have the players for the system - Absolutely no dynamism in the centre of the park. They all seem content to pass responsibility to the next man.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

passings been poor, no urgency and players look clueless. the lack off creativity in midfield is clearly evident. bring on dembele. defoe doesnt fit the system, doesnt pass, makes poor decisions and shoots whenever he gets the chance. bring on ade. we're not playing to our advantages... just like last season bale keeps cutting in while he would be far better down the flanks. however if he crosses it in theres noone there cause defoe doesnt have the height. our defence is dodgey with gallas in it, wud way prefer caulker or daws beside vert. norwich are supposedly an inferior team but they are playing far better.

i'm no expert but how i can see this and avb doesnt is beyond me:confused:

please do something

Step forward Thudd in my opinion. Just tell him to go out there get on the ball and move it quicker. Weve been bad yes but were not far away from being good either. Thudd and Ade to provide an outlet

Kiith wrote: »
    I still don't think this is AVB's fault. He could be a tactical genius, but if the players keep playing as they are today, we've no hope. They are strolling around without a clue, failing to do the most basic things that they should be doing. The simplest passes are going wide of the mark, and there's no movement.

Dembele and Ade for Sandro and Defoe in the 2nd half will hopefully improve us.

Also, Bale....STAY ON THE ****ING WING!!!! :mad:

THese players were well able to play last season and they knew exactly what they were doing, only thing that has changed is the manager

Who goes around saying he is a tactical genius ?? Thats total nonsense. He is an unproven 34 year old who won the portuguese league and cups and the europa league (which is treated as a mickey mouse cup by the big clubs)

We need 3 subs for second half

Ade / dembele and hudd for defoe / livermore and siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Step forward Thudd in my opinion. Just tell him to go out there get on the ball and move it quicker. Weve been bad yes but were not far away from being good either. Thudd and Ade to provide an outlet
    If Thudd is the answer then we're more fooked than I thought:(

MrKingsley wrote: »

Your ready to write him off after 2 1/2 games? give him a break

And a calamity comedy at chelsea previously which we're now replicating. I wouldn't let him park on the high rd let alone into WHL.

mickman wrote: »
    THese players were well able to play last season and they knew exactly what they were doing, only thing that has changed is the manager

Who goes around saying he is a tactical genius ?? Thats total nonsense. He is an unproven 34 year old who won the portuguese league and cups and the europa league (which is treated as a mickey mouse cup by the big clubs)

To be fair, these players didn't play well in the 2nd half of last season. We were awful for months. This is pretty much the same as it was then, which we'd all hoped we wouldn't be. And I wasn't saying he was a tactical genius, but even if he was, if the players are as poor as they have been today, then we'd still play ****.

Dembele on for Sandro.

Much more positive already COYS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

dembele just on, couple of good touches and passes. he could be the solution

Advertisement