Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich @ The Lane - September 1st

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's the Spurs of old. Get a goal, then just stop playing. Awful performance, and the players need a right kick up the hole. Defoe did nothing but waste the few chances he had, Walker can't cross to save his life, and Bale was awful today as well.

Friedel once again is the only reason we got a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

That was unfun to watch.

Like a replica goal from last week.

Ughhhhhhhhhhh

At least we have 2 weeks before the next game to let the new boys settle and give them and the rest of the team more time with AVB way.

HOPEFULLY that helps and we can kick start our season!

3/38 games. It's NOT all over yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Yep, friedal is the only player in the squad doing himself justice and now he will be dropped from the next game onwards

Throw a new goalie (unproven in premiership) into the mix and we will be well on our way to two points in 8 games.

United away on the 29th should be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Honestly guys, honestly, this is not a knee jerk over reaction. This guy is a clown, a con man and a convincing one at that. A bullsh!tter who blagged his way into a real life game of PL Manager 2012. I'm sure he'd give me a great analysis of what went on during the game ......after the match but that's too bloody late. Total and utter waste of space which, if its allowed to continue, is gonna put us back years. AVB......Arsenals best signing of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Honestly Saab Ed, that is a complete over reaction...

Three games in last season we had minus 6 goal difference and 3pts.
    Three games in this season we have minus 1 goal difference and 2pts.

Give the new players time to settle over the international break and then if we still can't win games start to get worried... Until then chill and enjoy your weekend:cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

307 consecutive appearances from Brad. Le Tissier said he was our best performer and would be nuts to drop him. I love Friedel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Leave AVB alone he has 3 wins in his last 15 premier league games.

Seriously though , a terrible display by us and in fairness Norwich should have had a peno as well. Hudds tackle was not a red card. At least Brad once again had a great game.

Hopefully by Chrimbo we'll be in the top half of the table.

ps: Defoe is not at his best as the lone striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Honestly guys, honestly, this is not a knee jerk over reaction. This guy is a clown, a con man and a convincing one at that. A bullsh!tter who blagged his way into a real life game of PL Manager 2012. I'm sure he'd give me a great analysis of what went on during the game ......after the match but that's too bloody late. Total and utter waste of space which, if its allowed to continue, is gonna put us back years. AVB......Arsenals best signing of the summer.

It really is you know.

Honestly Saab Ed, that is a complete over reaction...

Three games in last season we had minus 6 goal difference and 3pts.
    Three games in this season we have minus 1 goal difference and 2pts.

Give the new players time to settle over the international break and then if we still can't win games start to get worried... Until then chill and enjoy your weekend:cool::cool:

Leinster - you cannot compare our first 3 games this season with last season. Last season we lost to the teams that finished 1st and 2nd, these draws were against norwich and wba

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Obviously being a successful manager is a tough job, otherwise most on here would be doing it. I didn't see the game, or the last game. I went for a walk with the mutt.

From Le Tissier's comments we didn't create anything, even Dembele's goal was made by himself?

I've said it before, but the majority on here wanted Redknapp out? I didn't...... deal with it. I see Drogba has been made a free agent. Back to vodka and cranberry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

When AVB was signed, most of us said that he needed to be given time to get the team working the way he wanted it. He's had 3 games, and he's now being written off. I'm happy to give him at least a few months before calling for a change. If we keep playing like that till Christmas, i'll want something done...but not just to the manager. The players were at fault today, so they need to up their game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Honestly guys, honestly, this is not a knee jerk over reaction. This guy is a clown, a con man and a convincing one at that.

Will you shut up!

In Alex Ferguson's first two matches in charge with United they lost 2-0 to a poor Oxford United side and drew with a newly promoted Norwich City side. He had Robson, McGrath and Whiteside (to name just three) in his team.

Can you not remember the poor run of form this Spurs team has been on since February thanks to that illiterate loud mouth manager who used to manage us?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Honestly guys, honestly, this is not a knee jerk over reaction. This guy is a clown, a con man and a convincing one at that.

Will you shut up

Most sensible comment I've read all day in this. The amount of ****e you see in these threads is unreal!

You'd swear spurs were a club that win week in week out winning titles at that too... We're not. We're an exciting team with an abundance of potential and although it doesn't look like it AVB could well be the man to release it. Give the man a break... If people are looking for his head now why the **** wasn't Harry booted out in April after throwing away a 10 point lead to our biggest rivals. It's not AVBs fault we didn't sign a great striker and mutiniho. The players are old enough to know how to play football ... They're to blame drawing two very winnable games at home.

Now support your team and manager or kindly piss off and close the door.

By the way Im just as angry/disappointed with the results but gunning for our manager who's been in the job 2 months is most definitely not the answer.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Dawson not in the squad today is a scandal,he has more heart than the rest of them put together.Dembele should play every game from now on and not Livermore, and get Dempsey up front with Adebayer or we haven't a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Will you shut up!

In Alex Ferguson's first two matches in charge with United they lost 2-0 to a poor Oxford United side and drew with a newly promoted Norwich City side. He had Robson, McGrath and Whiteside (to name just three) in his team.

Can you not remember the poor run of form this Spurs team has been on since February thanks to that illiterate loud mouth manager who used to manage us?!

Loud mouth he may be, but give me him over AVB any day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    Leinster - you cannot compare our first 3 games this season with last season. Last season we lost to the teams that finished 1st and 2nd, these draws were against norwich and wba

Well then compare our result today against our result at home to
    Norwich last season. By that logic AVB is doing a great job!

My point is, to judge a manager (who's only just finalised his squad) after 3 games is absolutely pointless. Knee jerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I am worried. That is all.

I agree that Dawson not playing today is an absolute joke

I understood selling him for a good price but that is off now

Daws is better than Gallas , period

Does everyone agree with that ? Or am I mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I agree with you on that one. For some reason he has a liking for Gallas, have no idea why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Wow, ye shouldn't be worried. Liverpool fans are overjoyed the way ye've started. you boys will be fine.

• Advertisement

Agreed.

Can't understand where the support for AVB is coming from and mores to the point , why! On what evidence is this support based on ? It can't be on his previous outing as a PL manager cause that was an utter failure. He was the away team scout under Jose. He didn't get involved in setting up teams at all. All he did was write meticulous reports of matches he watched and handed to his boss, all aided by video replay. Please someone tell me why you see him as the right man, what criteria does he come equipped with to justify putting him in charge of a CL worthy squad.

My argument against his tenure is not based on the last three games ( which would be a knee jerk ) as some people have suggested here. To do so would be to miss my point. He should never have been handed the job in the first place is my argument. We fcuked out a manager who had a terrible run at a crucial time. One who built a team that was atleast consistent. Our solution,We've handed the job to a man with no pedigree and nothing but abject failure thus far in the English game. My opinion of AVB is not based on the results of 3 games as many here would suggest, its based on the fact that I've always thought we were gonna be sh!te under him because he's not up to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Can't understand where the support for AVB is coming from and mores to the point , why! On what evidence is this support based on ? It can't be on his previous outing as a PL manager cause that was an utter failure. He was the away team scout under Jose. He didn't get involved in setting up teams at all. All he did was write meticulous reports of matches he watched and handed to his boss, all aided by video replay. Please someone tell me why you see him as the right man, what criteria does he come equipped with to justify putting him in charge of a CL worthy squad.

My argument against his tenure is not based on the last three games ( which would be a knee jerk ) as some people have suggested here. To do so would be to miss my point. He should never have been handed the job in the first place is my argument. We fcuked out a manager who had a terrible run at a crucial time. One who built a team that was atleast consistent. Our solution,We've handed the job to a man with no pedigree and nothing but abject failure thus far in the English game. My opinion of AVB is not based on the results of 3 games as many here would suggest, its based on the fact that I've always thought we were gonna be sh!te under him because he's not up to it.

One word. Porto?

Prick! wrote: »

My argument against his tenure is not based on the last three games ( which would be a knee jerk ) as some people have suggested here. To do so would be to miss my point. He should never have been handed the job in the first place is my argument. We fcuked out a manager who had a terrible run at a crucial time. One who built a team that was atleast consistent. Our solution,We've handed the job to a man with no pedigree and nothing but abject failure thus far in the English game. My opinion of AVB is not based on the results of 3 games as many here would suggest, its based on the fact that I've always thought we were gonna

be sh!te under him because he's not up to it.

One word. Porto?

So you're happy with a Portuguese Steve McLaren then. Walked the erdevisie and brought boro to the same final, arguably against harder opposition.
    Might also point out that a certain Snr Ramos also won the same junior European cup.

Lads he's not the next Jose, that's not how it happens. The next Jose is currently 17 years of age , sitting in his front room right now just outside a dump on the French / Belgian border. Nobody knows him yet. He's the next master. It ain't AVB that's for sure. He'll most likely go back to Portugal when this charade is up and he will win it hands down again. He will most likely never be let back into England after this though.

Someone explain this lot to me .... Starts defoe and not ade. No logical reason. Doesn't start Dembele, again no reason. No Dawson in the squad but thud is in. Baffling. Wrong formation from the start to play as the home team against norwich. Finally figures it out that we need to be more attacking and would you believe it we go ahead. Decides to defend that slender lead by reverting to the formula that failed us for most of the game. Amazingly does this by putting on thud, a player who was all but gone from the club last night. Dave O Leary could have told you that wasn't the thing to do. Someone please explain those bizzare decisions ! Ask any chelsea fan about his equally bizzare decisions last year and the future ain't bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Guys, we need to cool down. Have a look at age 3 of this forum and the thread called "AVB Deal To Be Completed Today", http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056689898.

I was probably the most negative input on that thread on the appointment of AVB. However I stated that I would give him a chance. I haven't changed my mind on that.........

I dread meeting the likes of City and UTD,we'll be destroyed if we don't improve on these performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Chr1st almighty...no wonder they call us fickle!!!!!!
    3 games.1 loss.2 draws is not the end of the world.AVB has changed the way the team plays from 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2 to the much more flexible 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 set up.The team is finding its way under him and its going to take time for them to adapt.
    Few of us will argue that redknapp was limited tactically,his "run around a bit and get me a goal" substitutions rarely worked,he even admitted that even when we were 2 up v the gooners we were going to lose.When the team settles into AVB's system the results will come(even tho i find him to be a little bit on the cautious side for my liking)
    This is a year of transition for the club,for AVB to build a team that could consistantly challange for the top 4 in future seasons to come.to write him off after 3 games and give him the boot would be just plain stupid.
    Keep the faith........COYS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Chr1st almighty...no wonder they call us fickle!!!!!!
    3 games.1 loss.2 draws is not the end of the world.AVB has changed the way the team plays from 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2 to the much more flexible 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 set up.The team is finding its way under him and its going to take time for them to adapt.
    Few of us will argue that redknapp was limited tactically,his "run around a bit and get me a goal" substitutions rarely worked,he even admitted that even when we were 2 up v the gooners we were going to lose.When the team settles into AVB's system the results will come(even tho i find him to be a little bit on the cautious side for my liking)
    This is a year of transition for the club,for AVB to build a team that could consistantly challange for the top 4 in future seasons to come.to write him off after 3 games and give him the boot would be just plain stupid.
    Keep the faith........COYS!!!!!
    Well said. Some decisions have been strange e.g Dawson but I'm sure he will have learned from the Norwich game. Lets see how things pan out over the next few weeks. Fitter players and a better understanding of his tactics, we could be on a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

tippspur wrote: »
    Dawson not in the squad today is a scandal,he has more heart than the rest of them put together.Dembele should play every game from now on and not Livermore, and get Dempsey up front with Adebayer or we haven't a hope.

That will do for me :D

Advertisement