Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window aftermath.... moving on.

Options
  • 01-09-2012 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

Now that the window has closed we can look forward with what we have, NO moaning about what we don't have - moaning won't change anything.

Here's how I think the first team squad will look, all your views would be appreciated!

Friedel/Lloris

Walker/Naughton - Kaboul/Gallas - Vertonghen/Dawson - BAE/Naughton

Sandro/Huddlestone - Parker/Livermore

Lennon/Dembele - Gylfi/Dempsey - Bale/Townsend

Adebayor/Defoe

That's 21 players (I've put Naughton in twice as cover for both full backs). We'll also have Gomes, Caulker, Bentley and Jenas - which will make up the 25 man squad.

I've put Dembele on the right wing for the ease of purpose. But any one of Lennon/Dempsey/Dembele can play there as it won't be an out and out winger position, it will be more a right supporting forward.

Also, I think the midfield three will be made up of one defensive midfielder, one box to box midfielder and one attacking midfielder (for home games anyway). So that could look something like Sandro/Dembele/Gylfi.

Our Euopa squad will be a combination of lads from the above squad who aren't getting Premier League game time and the young lads coming through like Tommy Carroll, Adam Smith and Sully Coulibaly (hopefully).

Any thoughts?

Comments

Advertisement