Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT Overcost

Options
  • 01-09-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi at the moment I'm learning my motorbike theory at the moment but one thing is really troubling me is the IBT cost. I'm only 18 and earning around a 150 a week, and the cost is ludacris and most are around 600€ which is way too much, I have start saving up for a motorbike and clothing equipment but this IBT training cost is far overpriced for some people learning to drive. I live in the trim area which is also hard for me as most take place in Dublin and having to go up four times for the modules with return tickets from trim to dublin are 30€ at pop is pretty bad too. I'm hoping anyone knows a cheap IBT instructor near by and discuss how it's getting harder for younger drivers to learn to ride.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

trevdaman wrote: »
    Hi at the moment I'm learning my motorbike theory at the moment but one thing is really troubling me is the IBT cost. I'm only 18 and earning around a 150 a week, and the cost is ludacris and most are around 600€ which is way too much, I have start saving up for a motorbike and clothing equipment but this IBT training cost is far overpriced for some people learning to drive. I live in the trim area which is also hard for me as most take place in Dublin and having to go up four times for the modules with return tickets from trim to dublin are 30€ at pop is pretty bad too. I'm hoping anyone knows a cheap IBT instructor near by and discuss how it's getting harder for younger drivers to learn to ride.

If you can find another person to do it with you at the same time some instructers charge allot less. Have a chat with Look Behind You (Mick), you wont go wrong with him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 V!PER

+1

Heard good things about lookbehindyou, I have a friend that is doing it with him soon also.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Another recommendation for Look behind you (Mick)

Done mine with him a few months back very very good instructor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 trevdaman

Thank I might get a price off him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 trevdaman

Can someone give me a link to his website cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

trevdaman wrote: »
    Can someone give me a link to his website cheers.

PM sent with Micks number!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭p_mac

Hi trevdaman,

Please check out my post :
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056740761?page=1#post_80505323

I'm not to far away from ya, near slane here. If we get something arranged don't be worrying about train tickets etc. I'll spin around by Trim for ya.

Sur PM me if interested!

Cheers,
    Pete.

Advertisement