Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Retail Space

Options
  • 01-09-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have a product that I think will be very successful.

It will not take up much space so I will only need a small retail space.

I do need it to be in a busy place with heavy passing footfall. I will be looking for space ideally in a shopping centre and ideally in Dublin.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Would a mobile unit in a shopping centre be your best bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

I have a product that I think will be very successful.

It will not take up much space so I will only need a small retail space.

I do need it to be in a busy place with heavy passing footfall. I will be looking for space ideally in a shopping centre and ideally in Dublin.

Thanks for your help!

So you are basically looking for a pop-up shop to test the waters with a new product. Ring up some shopping centres and inquire about lease for a stall or marquee. But to be honest, the rent ain't cheap on the grounds of a shopping centre and you also have a lot of restrictions for what you can and cannot sell as to not compete with the high street stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

1) Make list of shopping centres in greater dublin area.
    2) Use google to get phone no.s/means of contact with Centre managers.
    3) Contact said people with this query.
    4) Consider options ....
    5) Open shop and make big monies :D

Is this for the same business as your other new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,308 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try it out first somewhere very low cost like a car boot sale or local market, you will pay very little for a full days trading and will really get a feel on whether the product can be a success or not and if you have it prices correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Dundrum is very expensive for this - perhaps a smaller centre first would be easier and in effect less hassle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Charlestown Shopping Center in Finglas allows casual traders one day a week, presumably only if they carry products the main shops don't. I think on a Thursday or Friday. Footfall would be no-where near what Dundrum gets but neither would the price of renting a short term stall.

Seen an Asian kid there last week selling bespoke individually designed iPhone covers which he could make on the spot from any picture using a special printer Not my sort of thing but he had a queue coming from his stall so fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bobbymoore1

Why not ask a retail store head office can you stock your product for 1 month and sell onto them at a promotional rate?

Every big store has monthly promotions and most of them are to test new products.

Worth a try in my opinion. Plus cheaper as you won't have to fork out to a large shopping centre.

Advertisement